What is Your Cat Obsessed With?

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For Lola, blankets. She loves making a little "nest" in my blankets and sleeping there all day. She constantly paws at them like she wants to go under them. She is also obsessed with my laptop. If I'm on it, she stares at the screen (which she's doing as I type this). Sometimes she'll combine these two obsession's and be nestled down in the blankets watching my laptop screen.
What is your cat obsessed with?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got an easy one. My little Yammy has leukemia and is pretty spoiled, a few years ago we gave him some Walmart broiled chicken to get him to eat when he was sick, and he went nuts for it. He also eats regular canned food. Now, every single day without fail, he cries until he gets a little bit of it like ten times a day. I think it is more habit now, but we indulge him. He loves it and demands it so much we call him our 'chicken monster'. I cut it up and freeze it, he goes through a chicken a week, 52 chickens a year!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bynx is obsessed with anything "string"...laces, ropes, thread, even my hair...especially if it's in a braid. Kitty proofing for him is constant, as he will eat them too.
Chester loves treats, but I came to realize that catnip can be overwhelming to him. Catnip is more than just "stimulating" for him. In small amounts (in a cat toy) he's fine, but loose/sprinkled catnip - he just gets so stoned and hyper...we have to be careful. He's also obsessed with being "under". He tries to dig under blankets, boxes, piles of paper or anything really. He's always trying to build himself a fort with anything around the house.
Lily is obsessed with attention. She the epitome of a lap cat. And unfortunately, atm she's kinda obsessed with licking her belly:(. She developed separation anxiety during this Covid stuff after we were home 24/7 for 3-4 months. She's getting better as time goes by and with the work we are doing with her, so that's good.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is obsessed with plastic any kind. Cat proofing the house is really a necessity. He smells it from a mile away! I cannot turn my back for a second! Weird.

One time , I put a bag of chips on top of the refrigerator. A week later, I wanted chips with my sandwich. Picked the bag up; chips flying everywhere!!! Upon inspection, the bag had little teeth marks on it! The little brat! No, it was not a mouse.... it was Geoffrey.

Now, I keep those things in the oven, microwave- out of his reach. G still jumps on me , when I open the bag!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee LOVES croissant and anything pastry based, but croissants are his absolute favourite. We wonder if the site he was rescued from when he was a kitten was near a bakery, because he goes crazy at the smell of bread! He had a weird phase once where he was obsessed with seeds and grains - lentils were his particular favourites. Tin foil was another weird obsession when he was a kitten.

Fudge likes tea bags, weirdly. When we've put used ones in the recycling bin, he'll get them out and won't eat them, but he'll just play with them. He also likes playing with your pens and other stationary - and enjoys newspapers too.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Christmas of 2018 a relative gave me a fleece Atlanta Braves blanket. When we got home I placed the neatly folded blanket on my love seat before helping hubby bring in luggage. Apollo claimed that blanket as his while we were unloading the car. He still sleeps on that blanket to this day when he is downstairs. If he is upstairs he sleeps on the bed. Casey tried to take a nap on it a few days ago when Apollo was asleep on the bed. When Apollo came downstairs he sat on Casey while he was trying to sleep until he got off the blanket. The look Casey gave my hubby was priceless. My hubby's reply was you know that is Apollo's blanket. I have never been able to use this blanket for myself at all. My aunt and uncle are cat people and loved the picture I texted of Apollo sleeping on the blanket.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Belle is obsessed with me. Whatever room I'm in, she's there. When I go downstairs and lay on the couch to watch TV, she lays on me. When I sit in the easy chair in the living room, she sleeps on the top platform of the cat condo next to the chair. She rubs on my legs and stands up on her hind legs when I'm in the kitchen cooking

She sleeps on clothes I've worn. She finds the earplugs on a string I wear at work and plays with them. She brings them to me to play with her. I tied a pair to her cat wand and she goes crazy chasing them.

When I sit at my desk to write, legs covered with a blanket to keep warm, she settles in on the blanket at my feet for a nap. If I ignore her, she rips through the house in juggernaut mode. You wouldn't think a little 10lb cat could make the whole house shake by simply running across the floor.

If I stay up past our usual bedtime, she trills and sunfishes impatiently through the house like a bucking bronco and when I get ready for work in the morning... let's just say, I have no privacy in the privy.

When I come home, she's waiting for me at the door. If she's not following close behind while I walk through the house, she's laying in ambush, waiting to attack my ankles when I walk by her hide-hole.

I think my wife is jealous.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bandit it's teaspoons we can't leave them anywhere he likes to knock them on the floor and hit them round, as I do the washing up if one goes into the drainer he pulls it out to play. Patches it's the sky box at the moment he likes to be warm while he sleeps.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My present 4 older cats are not particularly obsessed with anything - catnip toys provide a few minutes enjoyment but a small spider, ant or beetle, which has found its way into the house, will probably be followed and tormented for hours if I didn't react and put it outside.

Anything fairly lightweight, such as a pen, a button or small key, left on the table just has to be knocked onto the floor but that's a habit and not an obsession.

We had a black half-siamese cat with an obsession for long hair! We knew which visitors he would greet heartedly by climbing on their shoulders and those he would be more indifferent to. Wet hair was even more attractive to him. But he would also die (or bite off my finger) for a shrimp.
🦐 :purr: 🦐

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The vacuum cleaner. Scribbles will come running and attack it while hissing, spitting and howling.
Mine loves the vacuum cleaner! She could be sleeping at the other end of the house and when she hears the vacuum cleaner, she comes running to watch.

She's also obsessed with flushing toilets, inspecting my groceries as soon as I get home, and stealing my new desk chair as soon as I've gotten up to get something.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rocket is obsessed with her own place in the world. I know, weird but she has very clear ideas about where things should be and what should happen. Let me try to explain..... if someone or something is out of place, she gets upset. Things must happen at the correct time in the correct order. Or she will just sit and stare until things are "right" again. Or she will try to put things back where they belong by dragging them or chasing them depending on what/who.

For example, I go to bed around the same time. If I stay up late she just sits and stares at me until I go to bed (unless I am somewhere where she can sit on me and go to bed on my lap, that seems to be acceptable). If her brother isn't where she wants him to be, in what she considers her spot, she will chase him. If we move furniture around significantly she will spray it. At dinner time she does the same headbutting her brothers for grooming while I prep then expects her dish to be in the same spot or she will just go to the spot and wait. For all that, she is somehow the cat who does the best with strangers in the household but she sits and stares at them too until they leave.

slowblink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I put a blanket on a high corner shelf in the office. It's in the back of the house, backing up against a private yard and is much quieter than the rest of the house. Yuri discovered the blanket last week and spends ALL of her naps there.

Merida loves wand toys with feathers on the end. She will pick them up and drag them through the house, and sit and stare at us to play with them with her. They're one of the few toys that make her get out of breath, she will NOT stop playing with them! (so we make sure to give breaks)