What is wrong with his skin?

Catsanddogs1238

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!

My two year old vaccinated indoor neutered cat had these tests done last tuesday - blood test everything normal except the liver was slightly above normal. Diarrhea pcr panel cam out perfect, ringworm culture first half of the test is negative. Last week i noticed he had a bald spot in the middle of his lower belly there was no discoloration and doctor wasnt too worried. Today i checked it seems to have gotten bigger and there are these tiny black specks around it. In the photos i attached it looks red but in person its not that red more a light pink. He went to the vet to have his fur shaved two months ago could that have caused it? Should he do a ringworm culture again? Any other tests he should do? What can it be? Thanks!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catsanddogs1238

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: He drank water very quickly and then ate his dry kibble food. Two minutes later i saw him do a hacking/coughing almost like he had trouble breathing for 4 seconds. And now he did it again. I have a video but the site says it doesnt have an allowed extension.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't think the hacking/coughing thing had anything to do with the spot on his tummy. See if you can send these photos to your Vet so they can determine if they need to culture them again.

As far as the hacking goes, he may have a hairball. If that continues, you can give him a little bit of olive oil or even butter, or hairball gel to try to dislodge it if it won't come up.