What is wrong with her lip?

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello. This is my new kitten, Suki. I noticed yesterday evening her lip looked kinda swollen. I managed to get a pic of it today. It looks like her bottom lip is raised up, but also kind of hangs down. Her vet appointment is on Tuesday. Does this look familiar to anyone?
She also has what I think is considered too much eye drainage. She had her first vet appointment 2 weeks ago, but it was only the assistant/fill in for a Saturday and she wasn't concerned about her eyes.
Anyway here is a pic of her lip.

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be a few things maybe something as simple as a knock but as it may be connected to her eye issue, to be on the safe side I would try to make an earlier vet appointment. Are you able to send this photo to your vet in the meantime.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll see if I can get her in before then. They're so busy. I'm going to see if I can post a pic to them.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll see if I can get her in before then. They're so busy. I'm going to see if I can post a pic to them.
Does she have long hair? It could be hair getting in her eyes. My bubbles has long hair and when it gets into her eyes they water like crazy. Have you noticed any kind of cut or anything like that on her lip? But I would try getting her into the vet sooner

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does she have long hair? It could be hair getting in her eyes. My bubbles has long hair and when it gets into her eyes they water like crazy. Have you noticed any kind of cut or anything like that on her lip? But I would try getting her into the vet sooner
No, she has short hair. Her eyes have been leaky since I got her. It seems like it's more than normal, but not horrible. Also, sometimes she makes a noise when she's breathing only when she sleeps. Otherwise she's energetic and good appetite.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sent the vet office an email with the photo. Hopefully they get back to me.
She's adorable! I can't tell what this could be. Obviously the vet will know. My cat had a nasty cut on her lip and it was infected. You can't really tell she had a cut now, but certain ways she looks at you it can be seen.

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I called to see if there were cancellations today, but there are none. The good thing is she still has an appetite, and still playing normally.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
She is mighty cute with that red rose around her neck and appears to have found a wonderful home. I agree that you need to see the vet to get to the bottom of this.

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is mighty cute with that red rose around her neck and appears to have found a wonderful home. I agree that you need to see the vet to get to the bottom of this.
Thank you! Yes the rose was just for pics, but she wasn't bothered by it at all! She doesn't mind collars either. I like putting bell collar on during the daytime so I know where she is 🤣

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet said in the email she'll be fine with Tuesday appointment. It has changed..more swollen. Crazy how these photos are taken one after another and they look so different. She is still being a normal kitty. I'm so dang curious to know what it could be! I also notice something on her foot.

Attachments

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vet saw the pics? It definitely is more swollen but still not bothering her?
Yep and she's still being a normal kitty!! I think the flash makes it look worse. Shining a light on it, it is dry and inflamed, but not white and juicy looking like the other pic. She still eats and drinks and grooms and plays!! I cannot wait to find out what it is from!!! I hope whatever it is, resolves quickly! The part where her whiskers are is a bit puffy too.

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The pic did look oozy, which is why I wondered. Glad that it is dry at least while you wait for Tuesday.
Yes it did look oozy. The dang flash can be so misleading. So now it is peeling lol. I can't wait till Tuesday lol

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It does bother me that it takes so long to get into the vet. They are open on Saturdays but it is that same assistant and I refuse to see her again pretty much.