What Is This on My Cats Skin?

Sydney Nicole

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was grooming my cat and noticed this little white head that seems to be imbedded into my cats skin. It doesn’t seem to be moving or wriggling like an insect though and it’s definitely not one of his nipples lol. Anybody have any clue what it could be?
D5E9215B-B25A-4B0C-BED4-5674AFDDE6A2.jpeg

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat has white heads on her. Dried up. None have grown so it is nothing to worry about. I still have some hard ones on my neck that wont go away!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If it is only one, just keep an eye on it and see if it goes away on its own or multiplies to more locations. Watch him to see if he scratches at it. If you notice any 'negative' changes in it, you might consider taking pics of its progression for record keeping. You can also send a pic to your vet to see if they have any ideas as to what it might be - maybe they have seen something like it before?

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have your cat been scratching herself a lot lately? This could be the cause. It’s actually damaged skin from excessive scratching. See how it is scabbed? It’s healing and will go away. My Meffy gets a LOT of it every now and then. She has bad allergy to fleas so she would scratch and scratch and sometimes her whole neck and head will be filled with these little bumps. But it eventually heals once she stops scratching.