What is this? Help!

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys
I need your help please... I've rescued a kitten and he is doing fine. He's not showing any signs of illness. He's playful, in a good health. But I noticed something in his fur 3 days ago and I thought maybe he's shedding.
Can you please explain to me what's this!? I am freaking out!!!

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Probably just scabs from old injuries, flea bites or scratches. They look worse then they are because all the fur falls out with them. As long as you aren't seeing raw red wounds or bad smells it's a monitor thing. As in monitor to see if there are any signs of something more serious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Probably just scabs from old injuries, flea bites or scratches. They look worse then they are because all the fur falls out with them. As long as you aren't seeing raw red wounds or bad smells it's a monitor thing. As in monitor to see if there are any signs of something more serious.
But when the fur falls... I can see the pink skin. Other than that. He's doing perfect and everything is normal

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. He is scratching off scabs, hence the reason you see pink skin underneath. How widespread is this? Is it spreading? What different was going on right before you noticed this? Food/litter changes? Does he go outside?

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. He is scratching off scabs, hence the reason you see pink skin underneath. How widespread is this? Is it spreading? What different was going on right before you noticed this? Food/litter changes? Does he go outside?
Hello. Mostly on his arms/feet and a little next to his ears. There's no change in food nor litter. He's still a baby...still drinking milk (bottle feeding) he doesn't go outside.
I rescued him from a river. :/

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pink skin should be the healthy new skin under the scab. Just like with humans having a shiny patch under scabs that fall off naturally.

If nothing else is off with him, just keep an eye out. Since he is a rescue it's possible that he got attacked or was itching from fleas or any number of conditions that can cause scabs. If he is getting new injuries then it may be a larger issue.

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pink skin should be the healthy new skin under the scab. Just like with humans having a shiny patch under scabs that fall off naturally.

If nothing else is off with him, just keep an eye out. Since he is a rescue it's possible that he got attacked or was itching from fleas or any number of conditions that can cause scabs. If he is getting new injuries then it may be a larger issue.
Okay I see. Thank you
Shall I take him to the vet just to make sure. I just don't wanna stress him since he's a baby

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless you've already done it he's going to need a vet visit soon anyway, for worming and vaccinations. I'd just mention it when you're taking him in anyhow.

Are you keeping track of his weight? Is he gaining normally? Bottle feeding a kitten is a big job - I'm glad he's found a human who's up to it. :worship:

Margret

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes hes
Unless you've already done it he's going to need a vet visit soon anyway, for worming and vaccinations. I'd just mention it when you're taking him in anyhow.

Are you keeping track of his weight? Is he gaining normally? Bottle feeding a kitten is a big job - I'm glad he's found a human who's up to it. :worship:

Margret
Yes he's gaining weight normally. Playful than ever. Pee and poop are also normal. For the vaccine and deworming. I am just waiting for him to reach 2 months old. He's only 1 month.
Thank you so much

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he's eating, playing, pooping, and peeing normally I wouldn't worry about things, unless you start seeing new wounds or scabs. Are there other animals in the household? Rough play could explain some minor injuries.

Also, we're all suckers for kitten pictures; could you post some, please?

Margret

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If he's eating, playing, pooping, and peeing normally I wouldn't worry about things, unless you start seeing new wounds or scabs. Are there other animals in the household? Rough play could explain some minor injuries.

Also, we're all suckers for kitten pictures; could you post some, please?

Margret
No. There are no animals in the house. Attached are the pictures u requested. He's cute... isn't he?
And a clear 2 photos of pink skin

Attachments

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update
I had a vet visit today and sadly, it turned out that the kitten has Alopecia.
I bought medicine and he said that the kitten will heal in 15 days. No worries

Thank You guys