What is this?! Can anyone help.

hannahe01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, so my cat has had this lump on his face for awhile. It’s been there since he was a younger kitten. It doesn’t seem to bother him, it doesn’t seem like it hurts when it’s touched. The vet says it’s probably nothing to worry about and that it’s a fatty lump of some sort but I think it may have gotten bigger I can’t tell. Can anyone tell me what it may be?

Attachments

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Possibly a sebaceous cyst? I would get a second opinion from a different vet.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We would just be guessing if we tried to tell you what it was. But if you think it's changing, then I would definitely have it checked again by a Vet. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If it is changing, have it checked. Basic rule there. However, sebaceous cysts (fatty cysts, as your vet put it) can and do grow over time. I have two recurring ones on my scalp that I have removed when they become visible above my hair...about every three years or so. They are not cancerous, they do not spread, even though they grow. If that's what this is, it is nothing to worry about unless it grows enough to interfere with his vision. At that point, you'd want it removed, which is quick and simple, although for a cat, done under general anesthetic.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d definitely suggest getting a second opinion to be safe. Has he had a fine needle aspiration done on the lump?