What is this black thing on my cat’s eye?

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat, potato- is perfectly healthy and there are details about him on my last thread, but he’s sleeping on my bed peacefully and I notice he’s had this black thing on his eye. It’s probably been on-top if his eye for a month or more, I’m worried if he hurt himself or my other cat snickers did this, or its not a scratch or a mark from another animal but something that shows signs of health problems, is this normal? His mother had this but she got hurt by her sister (accidentally of course) so I’m questioning if he’s okay or its just normal.
PS: I’ve seen a cat or a dog with something like this and it’s related to something very bad or worrying so I had to make sure.
He’s also perfectly healthy and plays and sleeps a good amount.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He could have scratched his eye itching his face in accident and it's a scab as Kieka says

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah okay, thank you both- he sleeps with me everyday so I’ll remember checking up on him, but it’ll heal itself and I don’t need to do anything?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ah okay, thank you both- he sleeps with me everyday so I’ll remember checking up on him, but it’ll heal itself and I don’t need to do anything?
As long as it doesn't swell, puss or have spreading redness..... yes, it will heal by itself.