What Is The Worst Thing Your Cat Has Ever Done?

Reecejackox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would say , my cat has scratched me multiple times.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie has scratched and bitten me.

Selene knocked an antique plate off the cabinet, nearly hitting me on the head with it. It shattered :bawling:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chester wasn't trained to eat from the hand when he was little. Shortly after he came here, I tried to feed him some chicken between my fingers. He nailed me good through the thumb with his fangs. Took a couple weeks to heal the puncture wounds.

He still isn't really good at eating from the hand. I have to be careful.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee has knocked over a vase and climbed out of the sitting room window falling onto the ground when we first got the cats. Before we had trained them to be around food Fudge ate a whole chicken leg directly off our plates when we weren't looking, including the bone. Toffee also ate a cupcake case and tinfoil around the same time.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Current cat never does anything naughty. Previous cat was a devil. Two examples. Like all my cats she wasn’t allowed on the counter, but when I came home from work on day, it was clear she had. The covers had been pulled off cannisters, flour and sugar dug out and spread from one end of the countertop to the other.

Devil Murphy also liked to drop things off of table tops and after I got tired of her knocking my water bottle off my nightstand, I bought a heavy and expensive pottery holder to set the bottle in. I stepped into the bedroom a day later just in time to see her using her head to shove the pottery off the stand and onto the floor.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of mine are really sweet, good babies. Then there is Buddy. He can be a terror at times. My adorable juvenile delinquent. ;) He is just under a year now, so anything he does is quickly overlooked because he is still in the kitten phase. :rolleyes: There is one thing though, while not bad, is super gross. He plays in litterboxes. Sam did that too, but quickly outgrew it. Not Buddy. He gleefully rolls around in it like it's a field of catnip. :eek: We try to scoop that particular box he is so fond of as soon as someone uses it, but it's everyone's favorite box and it's used a lot. After rolling in it, he usually runs to me for cuddles. :confused: Ewww.:barfgreen: Thanks, Buddy. I love you too.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sophie likes to sit on top of the bookshelf in my room. Nothing else is allowed up there. She pushes it onto the floor. She broke a lamp that was on top of the stereo cabinet in my room by pushing it onto the TV stand below. She tore down a full set of curtains rod and all during a bout of the zoomies. She's knocked pictures off the walls during the zoomies. She broke a ceramic dish that DD made for DH by pushing it from the same stereo cabinet onto the same TV stand. She's a naughty girl.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sophie likes to sit on top of the bookshelf in my room. Nothing else is allowed up there. She pushes it onto the floor. She broke a lamp that was on top of the stereo cabinet in my room by pushing it onto the TV stand below. She tore down a full set of curtains rod and all during a bout of the zoomies. She's knocked pictures off the walls during the zoomies. She broke a ceramic dish that DD made for DH by pushing it from the same stereo cabinet onto the same TV stand. She's a naughty girl.
Oh my that cute little face is a handful!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes she sure is. She got behind the dryer once and I had to pull it out to get her out. The duct work ripped and I had to fix it. She gets mad now because I won't let her get back there anymore. :rolleyes2:
My cats are all very curious about what's behind the washing machine and dryer. I don't let them go back there precisely for that reason lol.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats are all very curious about what's behind the washing machine and dryer. I don't let them go back there precisely for that reason lol.
The one time I left the doors open she went back there. I had to take DD back to school that day too so that was no fun. She was quite unhappy about the fact that I made her come out of there.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats have done so many bad things, they were serious little terrors when younger. Chewed through cords (Wii sensor bar, PS controller, my clock/sound machine I use for sleeping, power cords, ...), broke several glasses and dishes, one scratched one of my dog's eye and gave another bloody noses as a pup.

I think the worst thing they did though, because it caused my husband to threaten to get rid of them, was they destroyed two Xboxes.:bat: The first one for whatever reason they decided to pee on it. After we bought a new one the cats kept walking in front of it and turning it on (touchless power button on the front, stupid design if you ask me, not the cat's fault). So it would be going all night while we slept and sometimes all day if we didn't notice it, which caused it to over heat and die.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have done so many bad things, they were serious little terrors when younger. Chewed through cords (Wii sensor bar, PS controller, my clock/sound machine I use for sleeping, power cords, ...), broke several glasses and dishes, one scratched one of my dog's eye and gave another bloody noses as a pup.

I think the worst thing they did though, because it caused my husband to threaten to get rid of them, was they destroyed two Xboxes.:bat: The first one for whatever reason they decided to pee on it. After we bought a new one the cats kept walking in front of it and turning it on (touchless power button on the front, stupid design if you ask me, not the cat's fault). So it would be going all night while we slept and sometimes all day if we didn't notice it, which caused it to over heat and die.
Ouch that xbox x2 hurts. My friends have a cat who likes attacking TVs. He's attracted to the lights. So far he has destroyed 2 flat screens. At first they blamed the dog but with the 2nd one they saw it was actually their cat...they have the TV mounted high up on the wall now lol.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The boys have damaged beyond repair both a custom designed handmade wool area rug and a very expensive high end leather couch. These are items I purchased privately and paid only a fraction of their original cost. But I can't replace them for what I paid.

The damage was done, and still is bring done, when the boys chase each other around the house. Its not malicious and they only sharpen their claws on their scratching posts. The boys are 20lbs each with huge claws....... so they cant help it.

I remind myself that its just "stuff".

Seldom does a day go by that the boys dont make me laugh so much my face hurts. ..its a small price to pay.

Here comes Arnold now... to say "roooow", as he tries to open his treat jar.

Attachments

LuxBear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lux has bit me twice out of redirected aggression and it wasn’t pretty. I’d post pics but they’re bloody and some people might not want to see that. The worst part was when I would tell people they would say something like “I would’ve killed that cat” or something along those lines. I just put him in the bathroom to chill out then everything was back to normal. A cat being a cat. Some people shouldn’t have pets.

taaay1or

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
a few years ago, my grandmas fat cat chased her morbidly obese cat up the christmas tree.... UP. he ran straight up it. morbidly obese cat snaps christmas tree in half midair. christmas tree comes tumbling down in the middle of the living room. both cats come fleeing out from under it as the ornaments are flying off and everything that can hit the floor is hitting the floor. i will never get the mental image of the tree just suddenly falling into the living room during a seemingly normal day

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Over the years the cats that have allowed our family to care for them have done most everything posted in this thread and more. Each one of them however have done exact same "worst" thing. The one thing they have all done, each and everyone of them, to make our whole family cry... they died. To me, that is the worst of the worst. I usually find it difficult to forgive them for that... Nine lives would not even be enough.