What Is The Next New Cat Food You Want To Try?

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats are about to try wild mountain and also miowmor ragout in rotation with their other high meat content foods hopefully I will see if it's a success in the next half n hour

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish they didnt have the potato in so much food too. But even with it its still one of the higher protein/ low carb foods out there, and not all fat. I am trying the new slide foods, so far not sure, may be to pate like for my guys :rolleyes:
I think the varieties with no potato are the ones that are highest in protein and lowest in carbs. Makes sense.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for the most part, yes. But i feed quite a bit of paw lickin chicken, and its quite low carb. I think it just depends on the flavor, some have potato starch but i dont think much.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
This was a few years ago but one of my local pet food store owners told me the Weruva rep eats the food... maybe this is a sales call gimmick but even so!

Weruva's pretty good food, I just wish they didn't use potato ingredients in so many of their foods!
I read Weruva foods are taste tested by humans first.

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've just tried Open Farm Whitefish on most of my cats (NOT Montgomery...) and they love it. This is a pretty neat new company and if you haven't heard of them, check them out.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m about to try some of the I and love and you pates. The rabbitt, beef and chicken. We shall see how it goes.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
After suspecting Daisy would like Wellness Signature Selects Chicken and Chicken Liver if it was pate I am hoping Wellness Core Chicken and Chicken Liver Pate will smell just as good to her tomorrow. I know it has bad ingredients but she will not eat Nature's Variet6y Instinct or Nutro Purrfect Portions.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
After suspecting Daisy would like Wellness Signature Selects Chicken and Chicken Liver if it was pate I am hoping Wellness Core Chicken and Chicken Liver Pate will smell just as good to her tomorrow. I know it has bad ingredients but she will not eat Nature's Variet6y Instinct or Nutro Purrfect Portions.
The ingredients are really not bad, compared to other wet foods. There are quite a few gums (which are almost impossible to avoid), and the Chicken Meal is not as good as unprocessed meats but for everything else looks pretty good. The pea protein and dried peas aren't until the 7th or 8th ingredient, so it's probably not a large amount in the food.

I hope she likes it, it looks like a pretty good food to feed! Good luck!

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Whats up with those tiki cat velvet mousse things in the pouch? I was going to try those but is it basically just pate in a pouch?
I almost picked up fancy feast broths just cuz they were there and i get a thrill out of trying new pet food. But i didnt

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whats up with those tiki cat velvet mousse things in the pouch? I was going to try those but is it basically just pate in a pouch?
Yep, that's what it looks like. Very creamy. Neither of my girls were fans.

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I almost picked up fancy feast broths just cuz they were there and i get a thrill out of trying new pet food. But i didnt
Mika would disagree whole heartedly with that. It’s much smoother than pate so she’s able to just lap it up rather than chew chunks. She loves the TikiCat Velvet and I would keep feeding it if it didn’t have Vitamin K3 in it.

Last edited:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, just tried the Lotus Chicken and Vegetable Pate and Gohan seemed to love it! He gags or ignores most wet food and lately has been snubbing Life’s Abundance. And Olive pigged out on it too, so we might have a new food! :woo:

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I have so much cat food right now. And I'm in the middle of moving, so I really should buy any more in bulk. But for my next autoship, I tried some new Friskies and a new Dave's chicken pate. It's not shipping till October tho… But I can't wait! New food day is like a holiday! I open up the box in the mail like a present, but then I give them the new food and they don't like it and it's like "aw you don't like the present I got you?..sad." Still October's shipment will be something to look forward to.

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have so much cat food right now. And I'm in the middle of moving, so I really should buy any more in bulk. But for my next autoship, I tried some new Friskies and a new Dave's chicken pate. It's not shipping till October tho… But I can't wait! New food day is like a holiday! I open up the box in the mail like a present, but then I give them the new food and they don't like it and it's like "aw you don't like the present I got you?..sad." Still October's shipment will be something to look forward to.
Are you talking about the extra gravy ones? I really wish I could find it in the pate. I wanted to try it on Mika because she's always been a huge fan of gravy.

I totally relate. I get so excited to see if Mika likes anything that I got her to eat. It makes me feel proud of myself when she does like, "yeah, I know my cat." Isn't that officially crazy cat lady status? :p