What Is The Next New Cat Food You Want To Try?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to try the new Caru chicken stew. and Dave's new Cats meow, chicken and liver. Has anyone tried either of these two?

I saw a post about Caru, it looked like a very, very soft pate type, but with shreds of meat?

I have no idea about the new Cats Meow from Daves?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The photos of that Caru brand look good. Is Chewy going to carry it? I doubt it will come to grocery stores. The closest PetSmart is 2 hours away.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy already carries the Caru. I left my reviews there to get the line started and I got some new samples from Caru to document, but I'm waiting on this new photo light ring for my smart phone (should be here tomorrow) to see if I can take some better images and get that up next week. We've got the chicken stew and the chicken and crab stew in my kitchen.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did try the daves cat's meow. I actually have a daves store near me and it's great! My cats didn't like it unfortunately not even my boy who is not really picky.
I want to try I and love and you. The pate. Although I think they recently re formulated and added stuff I don't like so maybe not :livid:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of mine liked the I and love and you a year or two back. But then they quit eating it like they do with so many foods :( They like it, then they just dont???

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really don't try new foods on the girls often because they are SO picky. :frustrated:

I bought a case of Dr. Elsey's turkey pate recently. I chose the turkey because they usually prefer it to chicken. They were not thrilled with it. I shelved it and will re-introduce it later on. duckpond duckpond mine do the same thing. I will buy a few cans of something, thy eat it and enjoy it so I buy a case of it. Then they reject it. I do not give them the same thing 2 meals in a row because I have tried this and they never eat it the second time. I have a baker's rack in the kitchen just for wet cat food.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sounds like my guys, and my kitchen :) I just last week bought a case of Elsey's turkey as well, my guys are a big fan of their dry. Not so much the wet :( But my guys are not big fans of pate, i was hopeful, as they like the dry so well.

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That new Dave's food sounds good. I'll have to take a look to see if they have it in the local stores! And if they do and the cats don't like it, I can add it to the rack with the Rawz (first-loved-but-now-hated) and Koha duck stew (used-to-be-favorite-but-now-disgusting). Grr.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some of mine liked the I and love and you a year or two back. But then they quit eating it like they do with so many foods :( They like it, then they just dont???
Yeah. That's what happened with wellness pate. All of the sudden it was a no go. I'm ok with that bc they didn't do that great on it

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sounds like my guys, and my kitchen :) I just last week bought a case of Elsey's turkey as well, my guys are a big fan of their dry. Not so much the wet :( But my guys are not big fans of pate, i was hopeful, as they like the dry so well.
Same here. I bought the wet food because they liked the dry so much. I have to use a topper with the wet (either crumbled Pure Bites or the dry food). I figured they'd like it because poultry pates usually go over well. :dunno:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't try new foods on the girls often because they are SO picky. :frustrated:
This is exactly why I use my girls to review foods. I know my boys will eat everything (they usually get what the girls don't eat unless I give it to a friend or donate it) but my ladies are snooty.
I can't seem to get them to eat fish or raw in any form, and even some brands they turn their nose up to their poultry, so we try them out and put them on the blog and social media. I'm always willing to try a brand's salmon/tuna variety with the ladies, but the results are always the same. This is why I had to give so much of my B.F.F. to a friend after the conference... because of the fishies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm waiting on this new photo light ring for my smart phone (should be here tomorrow) to see if I can take some better images and get that up next week. We've got the chicken stew and the chicken and crab stew in my kitchen.
Maybe TCS members should get together and create a photo album of what food looks like inside a can? :think: Similar to this Canned Cat food Spreadsheets

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would i think be a great idea. I dont think i take good photos, but i would try!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - Dave's and Koha aren't going well in this household, but I have a to-do list of; Caru, Tender and True, Chicken Soup for the Soul cat food, Lifes Abundance, Costco's Qualicat and also their Nature's Domain...I'm not suggesting the ingredients are perfect in every item, I'm just looking for something that's accepted by a finicky palate :cool2:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I'll have to look into Dave's new canned foods. I'm always on the lookout for new options that don't contain chicken, turkey, or fish. :)

I'm looking forward to being able to try the new Rawz canned food flavors, specifically the rabbit. Buddy has gotten pretty burned out on the Hound & Gatos rabbit, and thus far, hasn't been impressed with any other brands. So hope springs eternal, or something like that. :wink:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy was out of the Caru chicken, so i got the salmon and turkey in today. I think its the wettest wet food i have ever used. Looks like cream of soup. So far so good. I gave 1 box today, and they ate it all, except for some of the very fine minced ground bits in the bottom. My guys often will not eat the first time i feed a new food, so i was a bit surprised, but happy. See how it goes for the rest of the case. :yess: