Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

What Is The Next New Cat Food You Want To Try?

Discussion in 'Cat Nutrition' started by duckpond, Jun 10, 2018.

1. EmersonandEvie

EmersonandEvie TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jul 25, 2017
    Georgia
    Got Tiny Tiger and American Journey today.

They INHALED Tiny Tiger. I gave them each 1/3 of all three flavors (chicken, Turkey and goblets, beef) and they couldn't get enough! Score.

Going to try American Journey tomorrow night!

Richard2121 and mizzely purraised this.

2. mizzely

mizzely TCS Member Alpha Cat

Feb 17, 2017
    Michigan
    Yay!! Always exciting when they love new things!!

I am getting my Tiki Cat and Weruva from Only Natural Pet on Monday and just ordered some KaiKoa to try as well.

Richard2121 and EmersonandEvie purraised this.

3. Richard2121

Richard2121 TCS Member Adult Cat

Oct 31, 2018
    My 4 babies are obsessed with Tiny Tiger chunks in Gravy too! I am actually okay with it!! American Journey...they told me to throw that one out :flail:

EmersonandEvie purraised this.

4. tangers40

tangers40 TCS Member Adult Cat

Dec 31, 2017

Yes, I love the Frisco litter too! I found some Dr. Elsey's litter for pretty cheap, and with the $3 coupon floating around, it made it too cheap to pass up, so I bought a couple bags. But once they are gone, I will be going back to ordering Frisco from Chewy. Cheese doesn't seem to care either way.

5. mizzely

Feb 17, 2017
    Michigan
    Got my ONP order! Lots of things to try for Lydia :) Mostly Weruva, but some Tiki Cat, I and Love and You, their brand Chicken and Egg that wasn't at PetSmart, and Bone Broth

PSX_20190216_131730.jpg

LadyLondonderry and EmersonandEvie purraised this.

6. EmersonandEvie

Jul 25, 2017
    Georgia
    They liked the American Journey ok, but someone *eyeballs Evie* puked after what I assume was the chicken. Her stomach does weird things when it comes to certain chicken cat foods- she cannot tolerate Crave chicken either.

I am holding out for my ONP order!! I was hoping to get it today but it only shipped yesterday...

7. EmersonandEvie

Jul 25, 2017
    Georgia
    @mizzely I am also extremely jealous that your PetSmart carries ONP products :bawling2::bawling2::bawling2::bawling2:

mizzely purraised this.

8. mizzely

Feb 17, 2017
    Michigan
    Haha I have to drive 45 mins to get there but it is nice! They don't have all the flavors and we haven't tried any yet but if she likes it, it'll be nice to grab just a few vs a whole case.

Bummer that your order just shipped! Mine was supposed to be here Monday but I had another Fedex package delivered today and it tagged along.

Poor Evie!

9. LadyLondonderry

LadyLondonderry TCS Member Adult Cat

Jul 14, 2018
    I added a case of the Redbarn lamb pate to my Chewy autoship and it’s scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Fingers crossed that Sylvie still likes it and we elude the Case Curse!

Erin80, EmersonandEvie and mizzely purraised this.

10. mizzely

Feb 17, 2017
    Michigan
    Gave Lydia a can of the Weruva Double Dip. She wasn't ravenous over it but did eat it all :) nice to know she WILL eat more than soups and pates!

11. mizzely

Feb 17, 2017
    Michigan
    Just saw this on my FB too. A little too expensive for my budget and still has Agar Agar but otherwise looks like a solid food

Shop Cat - Identity Pet Nutrition

She's a witch purraised this.

12. EmersonandEvie

Jul 25, 2017
    Georgia
    Wowza! $3 a can...:running:

azpops and mizzely purraised this.

13. lisahe

lisahe TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 23, 2014
    Maine
    Yikes, that is pricey! Particularly given that it has agar-agar.

14. mizzely

Feb 17, 2017
    Michigan
    yeah... Under $2 a can is really more my comfort zone!

lisahe and EmersonandEvie purraised this.

15. lisahe

lisahe TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 23, 2014
    Maine
    Yes, it would have to be pretty much perfect food for me to pay $3!

mizzely and EmersonandEvie purraised this.

16. mizzely

Feb 17, 2017
    Michigan
    We tried the KaiKoa Chicken and Salmon today... Lydia inhaled it. I honestly didn't expect her to since it definitely smelled like salmon, but salmon is one fish she usually doesn't snub immediately.

She is now happily purring and grooming on my lap (she never grooms on me!) like she's thanking me for finally feeding her LOL.

It's $2.79 for a 6 oz or $1.79 for a 3 oz so not the most expensive but also a bit much for daily feeding (at least for me), plus I wouldn't want fish in every meal. I grabbed a couple cans of each flavor so we'll see if there are any other flavors she enjoys soon!

LadyLondonderry and m3rma1d purraised this.

17. LadyLondonderry

LadyLondonderry TCS Member Adult Cat

Jul 14, 2018
    We're two cans into the case of Redbarn Lamb. It's still a major hit, and the small amount of pea in it (10th ingredient) doesn't seem to be causing any digestive issues for Sylvie, knock wood!

At Chewy's autoship price, it comes out to just about $1.20 per 5.5-ounce can. That's a nice price that helps offset what I spend for the Rawz canned and gives my budget a little relief.

EmersonandEvie and mizzely purraised this.

18. kittyluv387

kittyluv387 TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 10, 2015
    Just tried a Holistic Select Ocean Fish & Tuna Pâté Recipe. Cats liked it. Has chicken so no menadione. Their turkey and chicken flavors are weird and have cinnamon and rosemary extract.

19. m3rma1d

m3rma1d NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Super Cat

Oct 12, 2018
    Maine
    Ok so I was gonna do this last weekend but didn't get around to it... Here's the new Tiny Tiger chunks in gravy!
    Reviewed by two of my cats and my two foster kittens.

Fiddle is a bit of a picky eater and snubbed all of 'em. And nobody touched the Beef.

20. She's a witch

She's a witch TCS Member Alpha Cat

Feb 21, 2018
    Europe/WA, USA
    I have received very generous samples of KaiKoa (not sure if they send it out regularly or as an exception, they are super new so they have a limited number of shops where they sell but they do have it in my city): 8 cans, every flavour they have. I started from kangaroo one and my cats LOVED IT a lot. It will take a while before they try all of it because I will feed them on fish days only but I am particularly interested in goat and possum because they never had it (I like to think that the weird meat in my cats' food is more sustainable that feeding them the most popular ones). On a different note, I actually liked their labels as they were created by children, great idea imo. Unfortunately for me they do have gums and fish, but otherwise great food.