What Is The Next New Cat Food You Want To Try?

ellaandbosie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to try American Journey and Tiny Tiger from Chewy while they still have their awesome sale going on but I fear DH may divorce me if I order more cat food...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I've heard Tiny Tiger is great, especially their Whitefish and Tuna. Maybe you can order a sample size and convince him to order more if your cat(s) like it? :insertevillaugh:

But I feel you. I got INORDINATELY excited about finding out that Bosie's favourite food (meaning the only one he eats, bless his heart) is available in 28oz cans too now. My fiancé just looked at me blankly. :disappointed:

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I want to try American Journey and Tiny Tiger from Chewy while they still have their awesome sale going on but I fear DH may divorce me if I order more cat food...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I feel your pain with the "too much cat food" ordering! :flail:

Sorry, but establishing a good feeding routine (including WHAT to feed) is of utmost importance in this house!! HAHA. Lately it seems like I am the only one excited about trying new foods. My cats just stare at me or walk away.

I am waiting for an order of Tiny Tiger from Chewy right now actually. I am hoping that they like it. I am trying to chunks in gravy multi-flavor pack to start. The price is amazing and it's grain-free so that is a huge plus. All 4 cats have to like it or its a no-go. Food jealousy makes it impossible to feed different foods to different cats in our house. :angrywoman:

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
All the reviews on Chewy are either "my cat freaking LOVES this stuff! 15/10 stars" or "my cat thinks I'm trying to kill her, -5/10 stars". Very interesting....

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All the reviews on Chewy are either "my cat freaking LOVES this stuff! 15/10 stars" or "my cat thinks I'm trying to kill her, -5/10 stars". Very interesting....
I think that is fairly common with cat food in general right?! I try foods all the time that got mostly 5/5 stars and "picky cats love this" reviews and then my cats hate it and hate me for trying it!

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think that is fairly common with cat food in general right?! I try foods all the time that got mostly 5/5 stars and "picky cats love this" reviews and then my cats hate it and hate me for trying it!
That's us with Dr. Elsey's dry. My cat didn't get the memo about how it's all the rage :p

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have tried Tiny Tiger Pate. I didn't realize all the flavors besides Turkey had fish in it - my picky princess haaaates fish. She enjoys the Turkey though!
See mine really seem to enjoy one or two flavors of the Fancy Feast Classic Pate line, and they like fish flavors on their own, BUT the chicken pate fancy feast seems to have too much fish mixed in with the chicken. It smells awfully fishy compared to other flavors. I am hoping that they like Tiny Tiger because fish seems to be slightly lower on the ingredient list. Also, FYI the chunks in gravy kinds don't have fish except the beef flavor!

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh and another plus with cats is they seem to over hear me talking to my girlfriend about nasty ingredients and things we want to try and avoid (i.e. carrageenan).

So now whenever I try to buy a cat food that does not contain these "evil" ingredients, they don't like it. When I buy Blue Buffalo they devour it and could not care less about the ingredients label!

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
See mine really seem to enjoy one or two flavors of the Fancy Feast Classic Pate line, and they like fish flavors on their own, BUT the chicken pate fancy feast seems to have too much fish mixed in with the chicken. It smells awfully fishy compared to other flavors. I am hoping that they like Tiny Tiger because fish seems to be slightly lower on the ingredient list. Also, FYI the chunks in gravy kinds don't have fish except the beef flavor!
She won't eat any of the chunks of any brand. Just to be extra difficult ;) Otherwise I would definitely give them a shot!

GalaxyGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh and another plus with cats is they seem to over hear me talking to my girlfriend about nasty ingredients and things we want to try and avoid (i.e. carrageenan).

So now whenever I try to buy a cat food that does not contain these "evil" ingredients, they don't like it. When I buy Blue Buffalo they devour it and could not care less about the ingredients label!
I really glad my cats aren’t picky. The only food they dislike was taste of the wild canned as the Pate was really dry. They have allergies. But a pet store 16 miles away is cheaper on their wet food. So I get it there.

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really glad my cats aren’t picky. The only food they dislike was taste of the wild canned as the Pate was really dry. They have allergies. But a pet store 16 miles away is cheaper on their wet food. So I get it there.
You are lucky! :)

I have 4 young cats and I am actually a relatively new cat owner in general. We have been playing a chess match to decide what foods they actually like! It is not enjoyable at all, picky cats are pretty much just regular cats in my eyes

:flail:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Austin is supposed to be on SO food, and it turns out that is the only food he'll even think about eating. At least he eats the canned.

Cricket is another fuss budget, she'll only eat Weruva cats in the kitchen Mack, Jack, and Skip and Chick Magnet. And dry food, which I pretty much have to give her because she only has a few licks of the wet stuff (even if I don't put dry down).

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like a cat burying their food before even eating it is the cat equivalent to giving the middle finger :lol:
:flail::flail::flail::flail::flail:
In his defense he did eat some of it! He usually tries to bury any food he eats, regardless of what it is, but only for a second or two. After about the 50th scratch I hollered at him to knock it off...lol

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh BELIEVE ME I know what it looks like!! My Otis does the same thing with food if he does not like it! Just last week he was burying his food, then taking another bite, then burying it again for like 5 minutes straight. It's like he knows how much time I invest in finding food for him and he teases me for it! Here's a visual aid for you: