What Is The (likely) Breed Of My Grey Kitty?

sarah0521

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is 5 months. Very good temperament. He definitely has chosen his "person" but is very friendly and social with others. Loves to play- especially hunting toy mice. Loves to cuddle. Right now his meows are either silent or very soft and usually he gets chatty around feeding time or when he gets lonely.

We suspect he is a siamese or russian blue mix. He most likely is not a purebred.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
21919360_10102852932966507_1267743717_n.jpg
21849243_10102852932961517_336483652_n.jpg
342.png

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He is a pretty good Russian Blue lookalike in body type and head shape, except for the white, which shows that he would be a mix. Not a Siamese, because those are pointed cats. Technically without papers, he would be a blue and white Domestic Shorthair, but you could always get a DNA test done if you're very curious! :)

What I can tell you for certain, is that he's a gorgeous, handsome boy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarah0521

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh- I didn't know that even Siamese mixes would have color points! Good to know! This is very helpful. His face looked a little siamese-y which is why we thought that.

You're right without papers he is technically a DSH. We are just super curious!

Thanks, we think he's handsome too!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He has a very russian blue look. The blue shade is typical for american RB. Even the nose profile is decent.
With this big white spots he cant be purebred obviously.
Surely a natural son.

I would acknowledge and legitimate him as my rightful ["natural"] son anytime if the circumstances were possible. :)

Edit: Some minor edits done.

Last edited:

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous boy - those ears are amazing. Agree with the comments above quite a RB look about him, the mauve/pink paw pads, ears ... profile quite good too. He has ghost stripes that look a lot like my Nikita's - she is 9 months tomorrow so her stripes are fading to solid grey, your boy will probably do the same. In the profile pic he also seems to have the 'silver tipped' fur of a RB - lovely. I love the white personally, but it would be his mixed heritage coming out (although some pure breds are born with a small locket on their throat but is is a disqualifiable fault, and it is only at the throat). Niki is a pure bred RB so have a browse through my photos ... she is more the english type (thats the heritage of Australian russian). And again - love the ears ;)

sarah0521

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much! I personally also like the white patches :) But yea, definitely not purebred.

I am leaning more toward RB now that I hear from you guys. Thanks!

sarah0521

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Omg, what a beautiful cat!!