What is the CET toothpaste supposed to look like?

Shuashushs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been looking for a new toothpaste since my cat is not of a fan of my current one; I noticed many people on this site and on Amazon seemed to favor the CET toothpaste. I bought the beef flavor on Amazon (my current toothpaste is poultry so I wanted to try a different flavor) and when I opened it a clear gel came out. I'm conf
20210126_234938.jpg
used as to when I looked on Amazon's reviews, some were angry that it was a clear gel and claimed it should be a white/off white color. I did notice that some reviewers had moldy/contaminated toothpaste and in their pictures, the toothpaste was white except for the nasty black and brown bits. Or does the color differ between flavors of toothpaste? Overall, is this toothpaste color normal?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I have yet to get a chance to use CET (as I’d have to import it), but based on the Amazon listing, the beef flavour is meant to be clear, while their poultry flavour is a brownish colour, and the mint is an off-white. This Amazon listing shows the colours each flavour is associated with :>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shuashushs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah, thank you! Very weird that there were so many comments saying that it wasn't supposed to be gel XD

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy to help! Could be that the formula's been changed recently, or people tried a new flavour, and weren't expecting the gel.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You might want to call CET and ask: Contact us

CET products are sold through third party sellers on Amazon so you never know if you're getting a real product or a fake one, etc. The poultry flavored one is putty / off white colored and the salmon one is clear and goopy. I bought poultry flavored toothpaste from Amazon once and the toothpaste was brown colored and smelled weird. My cat would not go near it. The tube and box said poultry flavored. Not sure if I got a bad product or a fake one or what. I just threw the tube out instead of going through the hassel of an Amazon return. In hingsight, I should have contacted CET and given them the batch / lot number of the tube so they can check if there was any QA issue with that batch or if I got a fake product. I've gotten expired CET toothpaste from Amazon too. I try to buy from the independent pet store when I can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shuashushs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for letting me know! I'll be sure to ask them