What is the breed of my cat?

xiatchie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello, I recently adopted a cat. she is about 7 months old. Can someone help me please to identify what is her breed?

Thank you so much! happy holidays!

Attachments

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Not an expert on cat breed but just to say how very cute this cat is! This is the face that could launch a thousand treats! I am so smitten! Congrats to the new adoption!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Without paperwork to prove her lineage she'd be considered a domestic long hair. Tabby of some sort (coat pattern) and honestly, not sure what color she is. Looks quite golden.

Normally I'd stop there but this time I surely see a lot of Persian in her. Shape of head, it's flatness, overall appearance.

I do hope others with more experience on color and type chime in!

Where did she come from? Do you know anything about her background? She really is a beautiful cat!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree with sivyaleah sivyaleah , she looks like she could have some Persian in her. It could also be a random look-alike. In any case, without known parentage she is considered a Domestic Longhair.

Do you have any pictures of her from the side so we can see the tabby pattern?

What is her name?

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't say what might be in the mix, but you have a very attractive house lioness there!

Without papers, she'd be considered a red (orange) t longhaired domestic cat,

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Black ticked tabby DLH, based of what's visible with current photos, though with her features she's more likely than typical to have breed ancestry; hard to tell what, specifically. As above, based on ear shape and size, she may have some Persian or British Shorhair/Longhair ancestry, but not seeing it much in her head shape, other than it being a bit flatter than usual.

Do you know what her parents look like?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are her ears folded? Or am I just looking at her from a weird angle?

Anyway, I also think she looks like a lot of pet-quality Persians, probably some Persian heritage somewhere in her bloodline.

AnSDRfanhere

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello, I recently adopted a cat. she is about 7 months old. Can someone help me please to identify what is her breed?

Looks like a highland fold (Scottish fold longhair) brown tabby.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gurss I wuz wrong about her being red. Darn cataracts mess up my color vision. Looked red in the little pix.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She looks a bit Persian or bsh to me as others said. Maybe some forest cat too. Gorgeous baby 😻 She does not look like a typical brown tabby to me, she looks ruddy/ red. Maybe because she is prolly ticked too.