What Is The Best Kitty Litter For Ckf Cats?

Olympia7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My husband said he saw Simone eating the cat litter this morning, and she has been peeing outside her litter box, the litter we use is made of corn...my question is which kitty litter is best for cats with Kidney failure? I did take her to the vet yesterday and they tested for a UTI, the vet said there wasn't any bacteria, but there were small blood specs in the urine not visible to the naked eye so she did give her a shot of antibiotics to see if that helps...

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I actually use pee pads for Maggie, she is 19 and was diagnosed 3 yrs ago. Arthritis limits her movement, so her litterbox with pee pads is right by her couch. (No she's not spoiled ; ) )

Anyway, we just add another pad when she goes. If its #2, we remove it. Its helped monitor her urine output and #2 issues. They absorb the smell so it's not a problem being close by. Just change it out when the stack gets too thick.
Ok, are you all, grossed out now? I guess I adjust for her .. ALOT
20170505_035704.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Olympia7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Docs Mom, we actually have been using pee pads for yrs under her litter box, and just recently started putting them on the floor near the litter box where she goes, it's been working out well for now, but maybe I need to use a different box all together, this just started within the past week, that's why I took her to the vet thinking maybe it's a UTI?!

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe a larger litterbox ? Is she outside it when she pees ? Also a change may be good if she associates that box with something bad for some reason ?

• Purraise
Reactions: Q2U