What is on the breakfast menu?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

A nice, fresh, chocolate croissant would go well with the coffee.
It would have. Don't know where the time goes, but by the time I got out the door, there wasn't time for a stop. I thought I might nip over to Bread Garden (across the green from my office) but that hasn't happened either and now it's 10:45. I think I'll just wait for lunch now.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far I've had OJ. and am dying for a coffee.

Once DD gets up, or 8:00 comes (whichever is first) we'll be going out for breakie....
I'm hungry this morning LOL.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
eggs benedict

I have yet to master a hollandaise sauce, so I tend to order this when out

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was taking cooking classes with Bonnie Stern, I got a wonderful Hollandaise sauce recipe that you make in a blender. You might be able to locate it on her website.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a microwave recipe for Hollandaise that I'd share if you want. I wrestled with various other methods for years before finding it, and have not looked back since.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I have a microwave recipe for Hollandaise that I'd share if you want. I wrestled with various other methods for years before finding it, and have not looked back since.
Please do, I'd love to find one that I enjoy....
Thanks.

washu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, Kashi GoLean cereal with milk, and cup of V-8 (heated). This takes me 10 min to make enough for bf and myself.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Please do, I'd love to find one that I enjoy....
Thanks.
OK, here goes...

The original ingredients:

1/3 to 1/2 cup butter
2 egg yolks
1-4 tablespoons lemon juice

My tweaks: I prefer to use not much more than the 1/3 cup of butter. I use extra large eggs. Because I prefer my Hollandaise not TOO lemony, I use one tablespoon of lemon juice and one of white vermouth, and I add about a teaspoon of Dijon mustard.

Method:

In a 2-cup pyrex measure, soften the butter - 30-45 seconds at 50% power. You want it basically to keep its form, but start to melt a little, and soften to the point where you can work it with a dense whisk. Time depends on lots of things, so start with 30 seconds and adjust from there.

To the softened butter, add the rest of the ingredients, and beat with a small dense whisk until the product just looks like whipped butter. Then process at 50% power in 20 second increments (three or four usually), beating **** out of it in between. You want the surface to be either frothy or satiny, depending on the consistency at the moment, but never oily looking, before you put it back in the m/w. It will be very liquid after the first 20 seconds, and each time thereafter it will cook a bit around the edges and thicken a little, until your desired consistency. Remember that, as it cools, it will thicken a little more.

The cup may get too hot to handle comfortably before you are done. At this point fill a bowl with cold water and just sit the cup in it for 30 seconds or so. That will draw off the heat, so you can proceed. The only real trick with Hollandaise is not to let the emulsion break, and that's not much of a trick, as long as you watch the heat and make sure it's been sufficiently beaten between trips to the m/w.

That's a lot of words for a process that takes maybe as much as 15 minutes from fridge to serving.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love hollandaise sauce i normally have it for lunch at work though on the weekends.
i take my breakfast to work, in a container i will crush two weetbix pour some soy milk and let them soak up, then i will add 100g of yoghurt and about three to four chopped up fresh strawberries.

on my days off which is monday to wednesday i tend to do nicer breakfast because hubby is also home on a monday, today it will be scrambled and tomatoes on toast as i need to use up the eggs!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive seen the whats for lunch and dinner threads..What about breakfast?!?!

Today its French Toast my fav breakfast food EVERRRR!!

What about the rest of ya's?? Whatcha eating this morning?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bumped up the thread that was already started on this topic.... maybe a mod could merge em

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was my leftover dinner from TGI Fridays last night. Mac N Cheese w/ grilled chicken.

When I'm at work, it's usually some fruit or cereal though.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

LOL Im a bonehead!!!!! I never ever saw this one in my days of snooping around on here!! Geez loiuse Im a goober!
LOL....it happens