What is normal after spay surgery?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
The stitches are finally out! Yesterday she started grooming herself, which means she also found her stitches and started pulling them out. 5 out of 6 to be exact. :) So there wasn't much left for the vet to do. The wound healed really well and the chance of anything going wrong at this point is minimal. There's a "fat lump" around the incision still, the vet said this is normal and that it will go away on its own eventually.
Yay...for the stitches coming out...and for little Freya getting back to her usual ways.:yess:
(except for maybe punching holes in the couch...but the only thing I find that is useful, is to get a thick covering, and cover the entire thing. My male cat loves the computer chair, and so it now looks like a 'piece of artwork, done by a cat'. I'm sure you'll get plenty of 'fancy artwork done by Freya', too.:wink: You cannot get angry...just appreciate 'the genius...that is a cat.'):blush:
Unfortunately she has developed a case of what the vet and I think is stress grooming on one of her hind legs. The surgery, the recovery, lots of vet visits, little to no playtime, broken routine etc. It doesn't look like it's anything physical so hopefully as we return to our normal lives she'll stop doing it. I'll keep an eye on her, of course.
Could the stress grooming, on one of her hind legs, ....be possibly caused by the previous injections, that Freya got?
Even though it was last week, perhaps it scabbed over, or felt itchy.
Hopefully, it will go away, shortly in time.

Thank you for posting the photos, charbasaur charbasaur , and all the updates, too.🙂