What is my kitten ?

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is difficult to tell in that picture, but she is likely a domestic shorthair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JERS

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. She appears to have the "M" marking in her forehead that is customary for a tabby. She is pretty light in color, but that could change. Just on what I see (with my no-way-near-an-expert opinion), I would say she is a blue (common terminology for gray) short hair tabby. More time will tell in terms of her coloring as she ages a bit. She is so cute!!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe Ella as a blue domestic shorthair. She's cute!

Is there a reason she was outside in the rain? Did you rescue her from the street?

Most cats are not any particular breed. It's normal for blue cats to have "ghost tabby markings" at this age, but she isn't a tabby. She's a solid blue kitten. The ghost markings will mostly fade as she matures.

JERS

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. She appears to have the "M" marking in her forehead that is customary for a tabby. She is pretty light in color, but that could change. Just on what I see (with my no-way-near-an-expert opinion), I would say she is a blue (common terminology for gray) short hair tabby. More time will tell in terms of her coloring as she ages a bit. She is so cute!!
Thanks. Yeah, she’s very cute. She was great last night, she wasn’t litter trained but has been using the litter tray a few times. Eating and drinking well and she’s very playful and seems very affectionate.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im not sure she is 8-9 weeks. I get the impression she is sooner 6 weeks. Both by her actual build; the typical "teddy bear" looks many young kittens has, and also, her eyes seems bluish. Blue eyes arent that common, so most probably its still the baby blue.

You will see better with time, if she is a look alike to some established breed, when she has grow up to a more adult posture.

I agree she is solid blue, no real tabby. But the color of the blue seems quite a light one, more pale than in most blue cats.
Lavendel-blue may be the word for you baby?

As said, you will see more and better with time.

Im happy you rescued her, and she has now a good home. For the benefit of you both!

JERS

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would describe Ella as a blue domestic shorthair. She's cute!

Is there a reason she was outside in the rain? Did you rescue her from the street?

Most cats are not any particular breed. It's normal for blue cats to have "ghost tabby markings" at this age, but she isn't a tabby. She's a solid blue kitten. The ghost markings will mostly fade as she matures.
Thanks for that. She is actually a bit darker than she is in that photo. That photo was from the people who had her, it was a farm so I suppose they let her out in all weather !
I can’t believe how well she has adapted, it’s only 24 hrs but she’s eating and sleeping and playing like mad !! Using the litter as well. She is really affectionate too. I thought she might have found it harder coming from an outdoor type home & not much human contact.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would agree to me she looks like she is 5-6 weeks old in that photo for sure. Do you have any photos of her in the house? And yes for sure a domestic short hair