What breed?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have the same question, i have these cats and i don't know their breed. Though when i check google it's similar to a Korat cat. I joined this site hoping that someone can help me as well.
The easy answer is he is a domestic, as most cats are. Still, the looks arent the most common. So, no korat, he is a somewhat longhair, eyes no good green, face and body shape not the best.

BUT. If you want to see a look alike in him, I would propose a longhaired oriental cat! I think they are called for Javanese (not sure, and they had changed the label too at occasions - its bewildering).

wait, its two different cats? But almost identical? Do you know anything about their history and ancestry?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M MissMary I would like to see some more pictures of your cat (cats?) in different lighting, if possible. It's hard to tell from your pictures if they are blue or lilac in color... the color looks more like lilac in these pictures, but maybe it's the pictures. What color is the nose leather? What part of the world do you live in, and do you know anything about their ancestry?
If you want to see a look alike in him, I would propose a longhaired oriental cat! I think they are called for Javanese (not sure, and they had changed the label too at occasions - its bewildering).
Longhaired Oriental cats are currently called Oriental Longhair in all associations I know about. Javanese in CFA basically refers to a longhaired Colorpoint Shorthair (if that makes sense)... it's longhaired, pointed, but not in the Siamese four colors. It is considered a division of the Balinese breed.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same question, i have these cats and i don't know their breed. Though when i check google it's similar to a Korat cat. I joined this site hoping that someone can help me as well.
Such beauties 💕 they have a unique look, I would guess they are longhair dlh or medium hair, their faces are a bit similalr to korat but they look like a lighter grey to me with white patches and longer fur. I posted a link of grey purebred cat breeds to look for look a likes.

13 Gorgeous Grey Cat Breeds | LoveToKnow

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MissMary

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MissMary

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
These are some of the pics as well. 😊

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are some of the pics as well. 😊
Thanks! In these pictures the color appears more accurate. The kitten in these pictures appears to be blue with ghost tabby markings (ghost markings are normal for solid colored kittens).

It's possible that the kitten is blue smoke in color, and you can check this by parting the kitten's hairs and looking at the base of each hair. A smoke cat has white (or nearly white) at the base of each hair. It also looks like there may be a black (or possible blue) smoke kitten or cat at the top of one of the pictures that you posted.

20200613_175924.jpg