What Is He?

Meowmix147

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my cat Bruce he's 1 in a week I have no idea what he is though. Can someone tell me ? 1500784231866991488964.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Assuming his eyes are blue, he is a pointed cat. Pointed cats carry a gene that is similar to albino in that it affects the pigment in the body. It makes it so that they get lighter in warm sections of the body and darker in the cooler parts. All pointed cats have a siamese ancestor somewhere. It takes two cats who either are or carry the pointed gene to have pointed Kittens since it is recessive. Without seeing his full body it is difficult to say if he looks similar to any specific pointed breed (as there are several who have branched off from the original Siamese).

Without papers your cat is a Domestic short hair (DSH) bicolor pointed cat. The bicolor means that he has white patches. Which I can see on face and the paw. He might be a good lookalike Snowshoe Siamese.

If you have a side photo and a photo of him standing others may be able to provide more specific guesses or possible mixes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meowmix147

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks !! I never had a clue what he was . I was told at one time he was a rag doll bit he's not long haired. Thank you guys !

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with the other posters. I'd just like to add that it's possible he also has some Burmese influence, based on that nice round head.

Cute kitty!