What Have You Done?

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
We've all had unique experiences in our lives. Things that we'll always remember.

One for me was holding a tiny, newly hatched pigeon in my hand. The other was nearly stealing a Lamborghini.

What memorable thing have you done?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't do it but I watched and helped the Vincie girl have 5 babies. She let me hold them and I'll never forget how they felt.

Another was a date I had back in the early 80s.;):itslove:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We've all had unique experiences in our lives. Things that we'll always remember.

One for me was holding a tiny, newly hatched pigeon in my hand. The other was nearly stealing a Lamborghini.

Wanna hear about this Lamborghini thing!!

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a petrol head and have been lucky enough to have driven a Bentley Continental GT, Ferraris x2, Audi RS7 and a couple of Porsches. None of them mine sadly.

nearly stealing a Lamborghini.
Please explain. With my CSI background we could team up and actually 'aquire' one. I could help to avoid the DNA and fingerprint liabilities those meddling law enforcement types are so fond of.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember the frist time I held my grandson and actually realized that life is a endless circle, that life is precious and perpetuates itself for eternity.
I remember the day I graduated from RN school, so proud and after such a grueling schedule.
I remember the day we paid off our house, after years of working extra and so hard.
There are just too many special moments, and by God's grace I still have so many that hold percious......

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Please explain. With my CSI background we could team up and actually 'aquire' one. I could help to avoid the DNA and fingerprint liabilities those meddling law enforcement types are so fond of.
ha!!! meddling law enforcement types, :flail::clap:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wanna hear about this Lamborghini thing!!
Oh, me, too!

Holding my son for the first time.
Raising five little RugKittens from birth. We still have the last one, Ms. Pepe, who is now a Grand Old (Crabby) Dame.
Graduating from college at 49 years old. Sometimes I never thought I'd make it.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far (I've only experienced life for almost two decades so I still have a lot more things to do and try!):

Getting to bottle feed and cat sit a four week old kitten on holiday
Meeting my little cousins for the first time, one of which was a day old when I met him which is the youngest age I've met a newborn so far!
Graduating from secondary school and passing exams
Getting accepted into my top university of choice
Volunteering with special needs children over the summer - I looked after a mute child, an autistic child as well as a child with PTSD after his family had been involved in the Grenfell Tower fire and it was such a rewarding experience.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nursing an injured bird back to health. I was a young kid and my mom showed me how to give it whiskey diluted with water, with an eyedropper. Poor little drunk thing. :biggrin:
It did stimulate it and keep it alive until it was well enough to fly.

This one is not a happy one like others have posted. I was with my aunt and witnessed her dying. I was also with a friend I had taken care of for five years, when he passed away. Although they were sad occasions, I will never forget them.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a selective mute for seven years as a child and I started talking again in 4th grade. The goal was for me to read a story I wrote in front of the class at the end of the year and I did do that. I have also read other things I have written in front of large groups when I was in college.
In high school, I played in a concert with the Minnesota Orchestra (along with my other bandmates in the high school band).
I lettered in high school four times for track and field, band, marching band, and math team.
Five years ago I weighed 400 pounds and now I'm nearly half that size and I run 5Ks.
I survived depression after 11 years.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OK, spill it my friend! How did you "nearly" steal a Lamborghini? And you mean a car, right, that's not some fancy pasta dish I've never heard of is it?

The birth of any living thing. (Foals and calves are on their feet in an hour, but it took me months :thumbsup:) You can see it on the daily and somehow it never ceases to take your breath away.

Handling a wolf dog, which would be like leaving your sweet house cat for a day to go work with some Savannah cats or Servals. Completely different animal.

Holding a monkey (that was an experience).

Bottle feeding any baby, but kittens are cutest because their nubby little ears move with each suckle.

The time I was at my buddys house (I was 19 or so) and he dared me to climb up on the roof of the house buck naked so I accepted, I did so, then the butt head locked me out. Then the Sherriff happened to just be driving by and try explaining that while holding a bunch of leaves on yourself like you think your Adam. I got let go with a warning, and the advice to put some pants on.

The great egging war around the same time as the pants incident, and I'm pretty ashamed to admit I got drunk enough I egged my own house :doh:

A snowball fight with my best friend when I was about 9 or so turned ugly and I got mad because he threw snowballs way too hard and almost always made sure they contained ice. So one day I went armed with some ketchup smeared in some plastic wrap and kept it in my snow suit's arm sleeve and when that jerk threw an ice ball at me I screamed like I'd been shot and grabbed at my arm (messing up the wrapper) so all this red stuff started seeping all over. Ha, that dork turned white!!

The time I gave the sheriff a lift at the fair with a golf cart (before they disallowed golf carts), and took a turn too fast and sent him about 5 feet horizontal. Oops. I bet I know why they don't allow golf carts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I can top 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 , even with my Lamborghini story!

First, let me say that I adore Lamborghinis. I think they're the sexiest vehicle ever made. That said, they're not made for human beings. I "sat" in one once, before I almost stole another one, and I had to crouch down and slide in. The seat was NOT made for an American fanny, and I hung over on both sides. It sat so low I was sure that same fanny was actually sitting on the ground. I'm only 5' 4" and my head was bumping the top. I had to crawl out and fell onto the ground in doing so. Still, my lust continues unabated.

In real life I drive a big Ford Expedition. The one in this story had a V-8 engine to push its dainty 7500 pound body. I was doing down the road one day when I heard the growl of a really powerful sports car. I knew instantly there was a Lamborghini nearby. I looked all around but couldn't see it, but when the light changed, I could hear that beautiful engine. I entered the freeway and the invisible Lambo stuck with me. I could hear it as it purred through the gears, matching my Expedition shift for shift. I slowed as I exited the freeway and the beast slowed, too. That car was matching my every move! I was getting frustrated. Speed up. Slow down. The Lamborghini copied me. It wasn't beside me, nor in front of me. Not behind me, either. Wheretheheck was it? About that time my husband began laughing his head off. I couldn't figure out what was so funny while I was going not-so-quietly crazy. Finally he put his iPhone closer to me. Out came the sound of the Lamborghini. He'd bought an app that used the phone's motion sensor to match the Expedition's speed changes and to put out the sound of a a Lamborghini in synch with it. I guess it was funny.

My husband and I worked at the big Houston Auto Show every year. It was ten days of hard work in addition to our regular jobs. We had a booth promoting motorcycle safety and rider education. Of course, we had several motorcycles there that we'd brought on a trailer, plus our big Honda Gold Wing. I got the job of pulling the trailer of little bikes home while Robert got to ride the Wing.

Just as soon as the show closes and the last customer has been herded out, breakdown of the show starts because everything has to be gone by the next day. Batteries are quickly connected and the parade of cars begins to exit the building within about five minutes. It's like demolition derby because those cars go ripping out of the display hall at full speed, and they come from all directions. Somehow, they manage not to collide.

Once outside, the cars are usually loaded onto car carriers, again in utter chaos. There are games of chicken everywhere as drivers jockey to get loaded. Robert had shoehorned the big trailer into a space with about two inches on either side. He went to get the first little bike while I stood guard so we didn't get run over.

As I stood there, I heard that familiar snarl of a Lamborghini. Then there were two of them, side by side, a red one and a black one. They were right beside me, engines warm and ready to run, and the doors were open wide! I could have my choice. It had to be the red one. Besides, it was closest. I tripped over my tongue as I Iunged for the car. Drat! I forgot how low they were. Just as I made my leap from the trailer to the car, a jockey jumped in and sped off with it. Well, there was still the black one. I plotted my escape and realized there was nowhere to go. It was completely blocked in. Even I could have broken free, the parking lot was full of wildly careening cars and transport trucks. Sadly, I realized it was not to be. And do I was spared from jail, but it just might have been worth it.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine sound kind of mundane compared to most. Most memorable were marriage, the births of my 3 wonderful kids, buying our house and paying it off early, my very first cat to receive a regional win - even more special, he received it for 2 years. There are others, like the time I was traveling with friends (a musical group) and the bus broke down, the time I shocked myself by getting up in front of over 200 people to improvise a sketch for a training session at work (I am usually shy). So many memories!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Volunteering with special needs children over the summer - I looked after a mute child, an autistic child as well as a child with PTSD after his family had been involved in the Grenfell Tower fire and it was such a rewarding experience.
I'm not sure if you have this where you live, but, when I was a teen I got a job as a camp counselor at a summer camp for special needs children. It was a summer camp run by the Easter Seals Society, you may have a similar organization in your country. It was very rewarding. You do all the things with the children as you would at any summer camp like swimming, arts and crafts, boating, campfires, sing-a-longs, various games/sports and so on.
So many wonderful memories were made...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Riding a cattle-cutting quarter horse. The experience of that much explosive power unguided by you is completely mind blowing.

Thank you for the reminder of that memory :)

Watching the latest two bird webcams, Bella hummingbird-there are two hummies with two eggs each now, and the sandhill cranes at Rowe Sanctuary on the Platte river in Nebraska. They seem to finally (after several years!) have the software/hardware and streaming issues nearly ironed out, and I had no idea Nebraska has such incredibly beautiful sunsets. There were shots of the birds, the river and the sky that were simply, absolutely stunning. Words failed.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Antarctica. I'll never forget that, or some of my other memorable trips.

Getting engaged was really special and I think I'll always remember that, too.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is such an excellent question but so so hard to answer. What is memorable to me might not be memorable to others.

I've worked a bit with wildlife- so things like feeding baby owls, caretaking for the very first pair of snowy owls that succesfully bred in captivity (all part of nature conservation efforts), holding a wildly flailing 7 ft. yellow-tailed cribo at a reptile show and drawing a huge crowd- being filmed etc., camping the Grand Canyon with coyotes singing all around us, using my credit card to pay for a family that were hitch-hiking from Arizona to New Mexico becuase it was raining and they had young children and were fully prepared to sleep in the rain, saving animals- birds, reptiles, cats a dog here and there.

Wandering through the woods when I was a kid. Hopping across a stream on rocks (sometimes throwing boulders so I could cross) to wade through skunk cabbages to get to the "horse farm" where a couple kept rescued retired race-horses and working with them (not riding obvsiously) mucking the stalls, feeding them and doing some light brushing etc.

Working in wildlife conservation. Eating beef heart with friends, travelling to see acutal real castles in England, meeting my little brother from another mother when I was in University.

So so many things. A little over 40 years and there are lots of little memories that I cherish.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My first time flying in an airplane. I had joined the ARMY to learn to work on airplanes and during the orientation, they took us on a flight in the aircraft we were training to repair. Beechcraft Twin Bonanza. The neatest part was when the pilot demonstrated a stall and during the stall he held a pencil in the air and let go...it hung there in the air. What a feeling it was to experience a stall! I was 18 years old.