What Happened To My Photo?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I can't find it anywhere. You don't have a listed "Media Page". If you upload it again to the thread, we can merge the posts so it appears in the right place.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I hate this new site! All the pics are gone and I can't download new ones because I am told that the files are "too big". That never happened before, it was so easy. I'm tempted to just discontinue here but I would hate to loose all my cat friends. The advice I have gotten is useless, I am not techie and don't know half of the time what people are talking about to solve my comp problems.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Are you using a camera and a desktop or laptop computer, or taking photos with a smartphone and uploading them from it?

If you're using a smartphone, the easiest thing to do is download a resizer from your app store. Photo & Picture Resizer for Android phones, for example, is free and very simple to use. It leaves the original and automatically saves a resized version you can upload.

If you're using a camera, you can reduce the size of the photos you take under settings, for example, switch from L to M. Google the make, model, and "change photo size" for instructions.

You could also download a free program called Irfanview for your computer that makes resizing easy. You can open a photo in it, make it smaller, and save the resized version in a new folder (or rename it and save it to the original folder).

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

casportpony

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
jcat jcat , what is the file size limit?

Edited to add:
Never mind, I see it says 5MB

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

casportpony

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't find it anywhere. You don't have a listed "Media Page". If you upload it again to the thread, we can merge the posts so it appears in the right place.
Not sure which picture it was, but I'll post another.