What Happened To My Photo?

Discussion in 'Site Help' started by casportpony, Apr 23, 2017.

1. casportpony

casportpony TCS Member Kitten

Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  2. jcat

jcat Mo(w)gli's can opener Staff Member Moderator

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
    I can't find it anywhere. You don't have a listed "Media Page". If you upload it again to the thread, we can merge the posts so it appears in the right place.

3. I hate this new site! All the pics are gone and I can't download new ones because I am told that the files are "too big". That never happened before, it was so easy. I'm tempted to just discontinue here but I would hate to loose all my cat friends. The advice I have gotten is useless, I am not techie and don't know half of the time what people are talking about to solve my comp problems.

4. jcat

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
    Are you using a camera and a desktop or laptop computer, or taking photos with a smartphone and uploading them from it?

If you're using a smartphone, the easiest thing to do is download a resizer from your app store. Photo & Picture Resizer for Android phones, for example, is free and very simple to use. It leaves the original and automatically saves a resized version you can upload.

If you're using a camera, you can reduce the size of the photos you take under settings, for example, switch from L to M. Google the make, model, and "change photo size" for instructions.

You could also download a free program called Irfanview for your computer that makes resizing easy. You can open a photo in it, make it smaller, and save the resized version in a new folder (or rename it and save it to the original folder).

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    betsygee purraised this.
  5. Using a little cheap $88.00 camera from Target that takes wonderful pictures, no smartphone, I have an old flip phone that works for me. I will try the Irfanview and see how that works. Thanks.

6. jcat

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
    Here's another free resizer that's gotten excellent reviews:
    FastStone Photo Resizer

7. jcat

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
  8. casportpony

Jan 4, 2017
    @jcat , what is the file size limit?

Edited to add:
    Never mind, I see it says 5MB

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  9. casportpony

Jan 4, 2017
    Not sure which picture it was, but I'll post another.

10. casportpony

Jan 4, 2017
    test - ignore
    guinea_calendar_1.jpg