What happened to Fresh Step Ultra.

Frank123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For a long time I've been using Fresh Step Ultra unscented litter for my cats. However, since around the fall, it's been nearly impossible to find. Chewy.com, where I usually got it from gave my the option of being notified by email when the product is available again but still have not heard any word. Neither Petco or Petsmart have it one their sites and on Amazon, it only seems to be available from resellers at inflated prices.
It's not even listed on the Fresh Step website itself.
Does anyone know if it's been discontinued completely or is it a problem in the supply chain somewhere?
In the meantime can anyone recommend a suitable substitute? For the time being, I'm using Arm&Hammer Super Scoop unscented which seems to be doing an adequate job.
TIA

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I too was using Fresh Step Ultra Unscented. I have also been having trouble finding it. I just recently found Amazon is selling a 18.5 pound bag of Fresh Step 'Simply Unscented' for $14.48 - shipped & sold by Amazon, but if you don't have prime, you would need a total order over $25 for free shipping. There were other versions of Fresh Step Unscented on both Walmart and Amazon web sites, but for a bit more per pound.
Amazon.com : Fresh Step Advanced Simply Unscented Clumping Cat Litter, Recommended by Vets - 18.5 Pounds (Package May Vary) : Pet Supplies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Frank123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your response. I was aware of the "Simply Unscented" version but have always went with the Ultra version. I'm wondering what the difference is between the Ultra and Simple versions.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for your response. I was aware of the "Simply Unscented" version but have always went with the Ultra version. I'm wondering what the difference is between the Ultra and Simple versions.
I didn't go that far in my research, so not sure. Probably just a marketing gimmick. Tbh, I never found any real difference between the Unscented and Ultra Unscented, so I am guessing that the 'simply' can't be that much of a change.