What Gender Are My New Kittens?/general Kitten Care

Glittershockss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Their mom was a feral kitty that hung out in my yard. I was working on gaining her trust for about a month. A few days ago I found her dead on the road :(:( Later that night I heard tiny mews coming from a small hole in our cinder block smokehouse (we don't use it). The hole was too tiny to be able to get them out but I was determined. We managed to carefully knock down a portion of the wall without hurting them & got the poor babies. Of course they weren't as happy to see us as we were them. One even bit my husband! Luckily he was wearing gloves. In just a few days they've went from being hissy, spitty, frightened, balls of anger to loving, purring, pet me NOW kittens. The kitten that bit my husband has now chose him, she/he loves him so much. She/he mews loudly at him until he picks him/her up. It's adorable. Could anyone help me figure out what gender they are? Regardless of gender they're both staying with me, I'm just curious so I can name them before their vet visit next week! 20180609_195802.jpg 20180612_002506.jpg 20180612_002425.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first one is a girl, for sure. The second one, I'm leaning toward girl too but the angle makes me less sure. Compare the 2 of them carefully to see if they match, lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Glittershockss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I was thinking they were girls but wanted another opinion. Will two female cats get along when they're older? I've always just had one cat.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They’ll get along as long as they are spayed. Ideal time to have them spayed is 3 months, before any hormonal behavior kicks in.

Glittershockss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
MOD NOTE: merged another thread.

I found two 6-7 week old female kittens in my smokehouse a week ago after their feral mama that I was feeding got hit by a car. I looked for more kittens but didn't find any. So, I brought the kittens inside and they became friendly so quick and we fell in love with them so we decided to keep them! We named them Violet & Sunny, The Baudelaire orphans.

Flash forward to today. I go outside to mow the grass and there are two more kittens sitting on the lawnmower! I caught them and put them in the bathroom, as it's so hot outside I felt bad for the poor babies. They lived on their own for a whole week :frown:

Now, we don't plan on keeping the 2nd set of kittens. We plan on socializing them, taking them to the vet and finding homes for them.

Can I allow all 4 kittens to play together or should I keep them separated? I showed my kittens one of the feral kittens and they both meowed at each other and seem to remember each other. The new feral kittens look healthy, a bit thin but nothing else worrisome other than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! You will want to keep them separated until the vet gives the all clear regarding any fleas, worms, and/or infections, just to be on the safe side.

Glittershockss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
they appear to be from the same litter?

Are they eating well now
Yes I'm pretty sure they're from the same litter. 3 of them look exactly the same and all appear to be the same age. They're eating great, no diarrhea. They're starting to get friendly already and want me to hold them.