What fur color have you NOT had in your family that you want to have?

lizzieloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Growing up I had a siamese mix and a black/white bicolour. As an adult I've had a solid black dsh and solid black dlh. The siamese and black short hair were based purely on their looks and they were both awful undersocialized kittens with ongoing behaviour issues. The other two were more for personalities and they became lovely cats.

My next pair I want has to have at least one tabby. Like really really want a tabby - especially a grey one. I'd like the second to be either a calico, tortie or torbie (reg or dilute). I'm going to try really hard not to pick based on colour but I am so superficial about cat colours. I have had 2 friends promise to supervise my selection to make sure I take personality into account. lol

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would like to have a buff colored cat. I think they're so cute. I have had a lot of colors, I currently have 2 Orange and white, a black, a silver tabby, a dilute calico, a tortoise shell, a silver smoke. I've also had a black and white, a brown tabby with white, a torbie, and a flame point. We also had many cats when I was younger.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell by the coloring and the beautiful blue eyes, they both have oriental in their background. I bet they are 'talkative' too! I can see the mask and the dark 'points' on the background cat, but not quite the color so it is pointed for sure. The one prominent in the picture is grey, or silver, and white tabby DSH or domestic short hair. Though that is hard to determine too, the one appears to have a bushy tail and the other longer hair on the chest, so they may be long hair. You can see the 'M' on the forehead, but the stripes are not really evident on the cheeks radiating from the eyes, so maybe more solid appearing, coat wise.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only fostered moggies which came in all colors. I am left with one tabby and 3 black cats. If I could choose the color of the next unwanted cat, that has to stay with me permanently, it would definitely be a light coloured one. Another black cat and even my powers of telling them apart would be sorely put to the test. My partner and visitors would not have a chance. :dunno:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only fostered moggies which came in all colors. I am left with one tabby and 3 black cats. If I could choose the color of the next unwanted cat, that has to stay with me permanently, it would definitely be a light coloured one. Another black cat and even my powers of telling them apart would be sorely put to the test. My partner and visitors would not have a chance. :dunno:
Sorry if I find your post fun, but when you write that you seem to have a bit of difficulty at telling your black cats apart, it made me think that I thought it was otherwise, that a "mom" always recognizes her babies, even if they're twins ;)
But if all your black cats are totally black and same size, then I think it can be actually hard.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry if I find your post fun, but when you write that you seem to have a bit of difficulty at telling your black cats apart, it made me think that I thought it was otherwise, that a "mom" always recognizes her babies, even if they're twins ;)
But if all your black cats are totally black and same size, then I think it can be actually hard.
Of course I can tell them apart - if they're looking at me. Two have one bad eye. Katy on the left, Meghan on the right. Mogi has two good eyes! From the side or above: Meghan has a kink in her tail, Katy has a shorter fatter tail and Mogi's tail is relatively long. But, when each one is curled up somewhere - sorry, your guess is as good as mine. Black is black! But, I haven't taken the wrong cat to the vet ... yet! :D

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never had an all black cat and would love to have one. They always have the most beautiful shiney coats.