What funny things does your kitty do?

cynda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just curious to hear what "strange" or "weird" funny things your cats do!

for examples of my cats: 

-My cats follow me to the bathroom and even go out of their way to do so! I believe my kitten learned from Ollie but it's still pretty strange haha

-Ollie hates cat treats but tries to eat lettuce

-Catsby likes to lay on the side of my face when I sleep

-They both prefer cheap brands over expensive ones

I'd love to hear them! 

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Let's see...

- Bud talks. And talks. And talks. And after that, he talks. Constantly chattering, trilling, mewing, meowing, brrrrruuuupppp-ing!, and letting out hilarious grunts of energy when he goes rocketing around the house.

- When he wants a treat, Bud will climb up onto the shelf, meow loudly to get my attention, then when I am looking he will knock the bag of treats off the shelf onto the floor. Translation: "Hoomin, I desire snacks! Open bag and feed me!"

- He sleeps literally on top of me, or the "valley" between my legs over the blanket, or he burrows and snuggles into my side. However he chooses to sleep, he's always in physical contact with his Big Buddy.

- Sometimes he wakes me up in the middle of the night purring and rubbing his head against my face. I give him a hug and pet him, and he goes back to sleep.

- When I tell him not to do something, like climb onto the kitchen table, he promptly lays down, then looks at me like "What? I'm laying down, now what are you gonna do?"

- And finally, I taught him to give me high fives, fist bumps, and to sit on command. However, I did not teach him to open by bedroom door, yet he has figured out how to do it. Smart little guy.

charliana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bam Bam likes to play hide and go seek.  I go hide,  then he comes and finds me.  The new house is bigger and I am trying to get them to exercise,  so I had him coming to find me at the end of the hallway, then running with me back to the living room.  Pebbles thought this was scary at first and just watched,  she has joined the game now,  except instead of them chasing me back,  they come find me,  then they race back to home base after they find me.  The in-laws live just down the road,  I hope they don't walk up to the back door while we are doing this.  We probably look ridiculous.  

When I go to work I tell them "Bye Bye" and Bam Bam meows back every time you say byebye.

They like the laser toy too,  I have to be careful not to click pens because they think it is the click of the laser toy and go crazy looking for the light.  

skelekittycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Orion likes to sleep on my neck. If I lie on my side, he'll come over beside me, pop his front legs and face over my neck and fall asleep. In fact, both of them like to be as far up to your face as possible.

Both of them adore climbing the curtains, be it the living room, bedroom, or shower curtain.

Orion has now twice jumped into the shower with me. He very quickly leaves once he realises what's going on, but he still comes back the next time for a good look at what mummy is doing.

Pax will eat anything. Absolutely anything. Salt and Vinegar crisps are his favourite to try and steal if you're not paying attention. 

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's a new one for Cosette (my former stray, possible escapee from a hoarder house that was demolished just before she showed up).  She likes catnip, so we got the catnip bubbles to play with her. 

She is so funny--she will stand up on just her hind legs and pop the bubbles in the air with her front paws.  She even has been known to walk (still on back two legs only) in order to catch another bubble.  Unfortunately, no video.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitty Obie talks all the time , mostly in the morning when he is hungry from all that sleep. He runs into the kitchen and will not stop meowing until I open his food can,and my other cat Omelette follows quickly so she does not miss a single drop. Then they will both leave and you think they are done. Two minutes later they are back for more. Omelette has to take pieces of her food wet or dry out of the dish to eat  and places them on the floor.Then its time to jump up on the window sill and if I am not quick enough Obie will wreck the blinds. Obie then waits for me to get busy so he can drink water out of the toilet bowl. He thinks he is cleaver, but I catch him and spoil his plans. I usually close the door. All this even though he has fresh water all day in his dish. He spends most of the day crying until I can take him out on his leash. Omelette is much more patient and will come up to me reaching out her paw and standing on hind legs to get my attention. She usually is quiet. Obie on the other hand lets you know he is there, as he talks through the day. I would not have it any other way.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo moans and groans when he changes positions while sleeping. He sounds so funny. And when he stretches, he grunts just like a human. I've never had a cat who did that before. 

When I tell him bye-bye to let him know I am leaving, he runs to the back door and flops down so I can't get out.

alicia8195

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I let my cat Jack drink out of the sink once when I was in the bathroom, ever since then he will wait for someone to get up to use the bathroom and if you don't wait for him to get to the door he will sit outside the door and scream at you until you let him in so he can drink out of the sink.