What else besides FortiFlora?

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually use Vitakraft lickable treats to mix with Feeby's PM meds - she likes it better than many of the other lickable treats! But, none of them seem to work as 'toppers' or enhancers when mixed with food. Dry food, or treats, crushed up into food also bomb - other than Party Mix treats, and even then, those only work for an extra bite or two. :disappointed: She loves baby food meat, but not so much when it is mixed with her regular food. She has never been keen on 'mixing' different foods together of any kind. She is weird!

Delectable Bisque stands a chance of getting her to eat maybe half of what it is mixed with!
Do you think it could help if you split one Fortiflora onto different meals in a day? Or would she get bored of Fortiflora that way too?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think it could help if you split one Fortiflora onto different meals in a day? Or would she get bored of Fortiflora that way too?
I am sprinkling just a bit on food after she starts to slow down eating it, and I have not yet used more than 1/2 packet at any one time. I won't put it on food without seeing she is beginning to tire of that meal - same as with any topper I am currently using. I do believe it will be like all other toppers, in that if she gets it too routinely she will start to lose interest in it as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about ruling out a possibility of her being nauseous? It’s no risk but maybe it will help? Nauseous cats often eat treats but are fussy about the meals.
Good article! Thanks! She does occasionally display the first and third 'signs', so I guess that makes it a possibility.

But, I will say that the sitting by her food dish is a 'later in the day' thing and quite awhile after she has eaten a fair amount of her breakfast. So, now I am trying to decide why then and not earlier before breakfast??

Last edited: