What Dry Food Do You Feed Your Cats?

Country Woman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I first got Sam we fed him what the owner gave us then slowly switched to Chicken soup dry and canned then we could not buy it any more and switched to New Balance he was on that for a while then decided to to with a Canadian brand we were on that until he threw that up the switched to Performitin ultra Duck and green pea and he started sneezing , now switched back to Natural Balance dry and canned we have to have some old and some new and tomorrow fully on new hopefully it will be better

wrenboii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Right now, I'm feeding Instinct Original, but I want to switch to Only Natural Pet Poultry Dinner.

I can't afford to get Instinct Original regularly, so I'll probably only buy it when it's on sale.

(If any of you have noticed, I talked about my cat being allergic to chicken a while ago, but he's not...? It's strange, but maybe I'll never know why he had those horrible months of half soft stool. The last bits are still soft-ish and lighter brown, so I'm still looking for perfection.)

Country Woman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would like to feed Open Farm or Blue Buffalo but cannot afford it but will try if it goes on sale
what are your thoughts on Natural Balance indoor formula

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fromm. would feed Dr Esley's if she could eat chicken.

Hey therr0789

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my cats is allergic to chicken, so I have to choose foods that doesn't have any chicken byproduct. Since I got the allergic cat, I've been feeding Wellness (salmon flavor). It's a bit pricier, but it has done wonders for the allergic cat's fur. Just today I found a brand of Whole Hearted dry food that doesn't have any chicken in it, so I bought a small bag to see how it goes over. It's about $10 cheaper per bag, so that could be good. I have a wide variety of treats that include Whole Hearted wet broth treats and the crunchy ones. I also have the Wellness crunchy treats and a variety of those freeze-dried beef ones. I don't think I'll buy the latter again, though. My cats don't like it enough to justify the cost.
careful with the whole hearted brand! I say that because they have a few limited ingredient diets that actually do have chicken in them. I noticed this wow purchasing their treats. One says salmon recipe while another treat bad identical bag just says salmon. I forget which one but one of those had chicken live or something in the ingredients. Also I think maybe the wet had chicken too in the salmon one. I've been feeding merrick limited ingredient.

linkworshiper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
careful with the whole hearted brand! I say that because they have a few limited ingredient diets that actually do have chicken in them. I noticed this wow purchasing their treats. One says salmon recipe while another treat bad identical bag just says salmon. I forget which one but one of those had chicken live or something in the ingredients. Also I think maybe the wet had chicken too in the salmon one. I've been feeding merrick limited ingredient.
I noticed that last time I went shopping. I went back to Wellness. I went over it with a magnifying glass and it passed the test. But thanks for the alert!

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lily and Zoe are eating Crave, and we just tried American Journey. I'm hoping they will start preferring the American Journey, I like that it has pumpkin and different veggies, as Lily needs all the extra fiber she can get. When I am much more financially stable, I plan on giving Dr. Elsey's a try

smosmosmo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dr Elsey's Cleanprotein chicken - it's really pricey but the only kibble I've found that doesn't seriously dehydrate Smo. She doesn't like wet food very much so I have to make sure her kibble is high-quality. On the Cleanprotein she pees normally (even when it's all she eats), and her bowel movements are regular. I've fed her several other brands before Dr Elsey's and she often got constipated and peed less on those.

kevintsh

Anya's Parent
Young Cat
Purraise
I've tried Royal Canin for Persian Kitten. Tried to switch to Whiskas but my cat still order Royal Canin. Hope to try Instinct, seems like lots of good reviews.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hima has mysterious allergies and sensitive gums. I feed her Acana Wild Prairie and it didn't cause a problem so far but even before the FDA news I wasn't very comfortable with it to be honest and I'm still not. (The ingredients list is too long and I feel uncomfortable that I don't get as many feedback as I could with big brands like Royal Canin, Hill's, Pro Plan.) But I can't lie. Hima didn't have a digestive problem with it and that's the only dry food that doesn't hurt her gums so far. I have recently tried Royal Canin Sensitive 33 though and while it's too soon to say much, it beat other foods we have tried except for Acana.

She also gets wet food daily. Naturea chicken, or, Pro Plan Delicate.

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They get dry so so very rarely.....but when they do, it’s royal Canin gastrointestinal. I know it’s crappy, but the Instinct with raw boost gave Kaia diarrhea, and the RC doesn’t. They get it like once every 2 months though...so who cares? Lol.

lmcginley002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feed Nulo turkey and duck dry food, just as a supplement to wet. I leave out 1/4 cup per day that she can pick on while I'm at work or sleeping.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was feeding Purina products which the cats do like. My former stray cat was getting really itchy with scabs and dirty ears no matter how much I cleaned them. I decided to try a limited ingredient diet.
I switched them all to
https://www.chewy.com/instinct-by-natures-variety-limited/dp/146315
and they love it. The itching kitty is so much better.
Maybe he was allergic to something. He’s doing fine now.

Rini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don’t feed dry on a regular basis, only if I’m not going to be around for scheduled wet feedings.

I use Merrick Backcountry Raw Infused Game Bird Recipe. Pricey, but he enjoys it.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed them Wellness Core Original Turkey and Chicken. I also feed a homemade wet food- the Dr. Pierson recipe. They are doing well with both.