What Does Your Kitty Do When Caught Red Handed?

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you ever walked up and found your kitty doing something they KNOW is naughty and they stop and give the " who me?" or the "I'm too cute to scold" look? I am curious. What do your kitties do when they are caught red handed?
:climbcat:
This topic came to mind because of my 9 month old kitten, Salem. I could hear her from another room tearing up an old chair. I could not care less about the chair but, I don't want her developing bad habits. When I went to stop her, Salem employed a combination of "Who me, I would never scratch up this ugly chair" and the " If I sit here and look cute, maybe I won't get in trouble" method. As a finishing touch without me saying a word, she walking over to the near by scratching post and tore at it as if to say "see I use my post". I always tell her what a good girl she is when she uses one of her scratchers and she kept looking at me waiting to be praised. Of course I did. lol I swear cats are smarter than we give them credit for.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They used to try and look sweet and innocent.

Now they just give me the "whats your problem?", look.

Thes pictures were taken about a week after we first adopted greg and arnold. They literally hid under the bed for the first week.

And then one day I found this.......... and I knew they were finally comfortable.

20150828_074504.jpg

Here they are pretending they knew nothing about it. Remember, at this time they still didnt know me or what my reation would be.

I was very happy the boys were finally "home".

20150828_074514.jpg
20150828_084142.jpg

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I catch the cats (or dogs) doing something bad, in 10 minutes I'm slinking away, taking the blame for the bad thing they just did while they confidently walk off like they just taught me a lesson. Because they're manipulative, they can turn it around to make it my fault, and I'm an easy target, and they know it :thumbsup:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so funny. Nice thread! Hahaha! Love them all :)

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My wife and I have caught Noka scratching up the living room carpet with their scratching post/platform just a few feet away. We yell at her and she just looks up then walks over to the post with the attitude of "Ok, Ok. Just stop yelling".

Shade is just curious and likes to open cabinets and closet doors. We yell at him and he gives us the whole "I'm not doing anything" routine.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I often hear the screech of pain coming from one of my boys who take turns being the injured one in their play fighting. Me yelling NO has progressed to them getting used to THAT, so continued screething brings me stomping into the room that the noise is issuing from.The injusred one is already running for my protection, the bully is sitting there looking around like, "what happened, who hurt him?" "They must be fast!". The bully, whoever it happens to be at that time, then struts around like they are king of the hill, tail high, legs stiff, and a satisfied look on their face, like "who's next!". I always start laughing while I scold them, they couldn't look more self important!

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Clove does a cute little “maop! maop! brrrrrmaop!” and looks at me with the cutest, most innocent gigantic eyes, then sprints away as fast as possible from whatever naughty behavior she’s been up to (lately, chewing on the blinds).

Chilli is an angel who is NEVER naughty. ;)

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I came home tonight to my beautiful succulent...

DF0E8513-83A9-4F80-8056-A23FCB1192AC.jpeg

21D46DEC-A75A-49AB-A293-0D1DC2AF1FDD.jpeg

like this...

0B67633E-C2E5-4F78-BC49-7D2C23963162.jpeg

There were pieces of leaves and soil all over the house—I’m glad it’s nontoxic since it like some pieces might’ve been munched! Chilli didn’t even get up when I opened the door. She just sat dejectedly next to to the overturned pot and wouldn’t even look at me. Poor little girl felt so guilty. :lol::lol::lol:

While I cleaned it up...
19A6AE9F-054B-4DCD-B51C-FE8D0B054C63.jpeg

Meanwhile, Clove (who I’m 99% sure is the culprit) was happily racing around and sitting in all the dirt. Chilli goes up on the ledge sometimes but she’s never tried to get my plants. I think she’s just the big sister trying to be responsible while the obnoxious little sister gets away with it.

“Who, me? You couldn’t possibly be talking to ME?”
940151EB-C9FF-4583-8E0E-868FAE09B884.jpeg

301B09B9-157C-4FA3-8A99-EA3384038B4A.jpeg