What Does Your Cat Do To Make You Happy?

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some positivity to focus on! What are things that your cat(s) do(es) that makes you happy? Can be anything at all. I'll start!

She's hilarious at night and during playtime when she acts "silly".

:lovecat:

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat can be a bit of a grump at the best of times. I adore him – everything he does is completely on his own terms – which only makes it all the more adorable when he does seek me out to sit beside me and keep me company. It’s the simple things with him that make me happy.
:catrub:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hard to pick just one , or even a few things as they both make us laugh, feel happy and loved.

-when im petting arnold and we are having a quiet moment together, as I walk away, he reaches out with his right paw and very gently grabs my leg or arm to bring me back and pet him some more. This can happen every time I leave, for several times in a row.

-although I was somewhat allergic (although now seem to have developed a tolerance), arnold will usually spoon with me in bed. In the middle of the night, he will wake up and rub the back of his head against my face I rub my face against the back of his head. This can go one for a minute or two....then we both fall back asleep.

-every night when we are watching tv, arnold will come downstairs and take turns lying and leaning up against my wife and me. He is 20 lbs plus and big and soft, his body is warm and rumbles with his purring. He rubs his head against us, purrs and looks into our faces with his sleepy, half closed eyes that look like dark pools. When he is finished doing that after 30 mins or so, he lies between us, rolls over onto his back, tummy completely exposed, legs up in the air and slips between the cushions on the couch. Sometimes we have to hold him so he doesnt fall off when he goes to sleep.

-greg isnt as affectionate, but if I get up in the middle of the night.....he comes running to my side and throws himsdlf on the ground, tummy exposed, purring loudly and almost desperate for attention.

-when I bring the cats inside from outside time, they always get brushed and get treats while they sit still and are groomed. Arnold is motivated by the treats and stays on the table being groomed as long as treats are given. But greg, after eating a couple of treats, flops onto the table and starts purring. He wants to stay with me and wants me to brush him even without treats. He looks up into my eyes and I feel we connect. He lifts his head for me to brush under his chin and around his neck. Its our few minutes that we share alone.

-we LOVE how greg and arnold play together. It makes me laugh so much my face hurts. They hide behind furniture and stalk each other. They both know the other is waiting behind a chair, tail twitching, eyes big and round ready to pounce, but they pretend they arent aware and let each other "trap" them. They never swat each other as cats would do when fighting outside, but rather play wrestle. Arnold is bigger than greg and uses his body weight to pounce on greg and pin him. Greg "defends" himself by lying on his back, legs extended, trying to push arnold away. When arnold pins greg, greg repeatedly kicks arnold in the face....but never harmfully or with claws extended. Often after arnold has pinned greg a few times, they trade positions and arnold lets greg jump on him and pin him. Surprisingly although geg is lighter than arnold (17/18 lbs vs 20 plus lbs), its usually greg that initiates the chasing and wrestling....it truely is wonderful to watch.

I like watching them both hunting and stalking in the yard....knowing that we adopted them from a home were they were never able to enjoy the outdoors and now have improved their lives with this experience. I like watching them run from window to window, "chasing" their "prey" (thru the glass)...... a chipmunk, a bird, a rabbit. In the house they will pursue a fly and almost always catch it.....an impressive feat for such large and " unagile" cats.

I love watch them chase ping pong balls around the house. The balls bounce unpredictably and the cats slide on the hardwood, trying to stop, turn, pivot ect. The cats are beautiful to watch in motion, with their long fur, furry britches, manes, large size and powerful bodies, twisting, contorting, running. Greg can do some unexpected amazing acrobatics.

I love that in the almost 2 years we have had them, they have never, ever lashed out, intentionally scratched or bitten us or anyone else....even when we have had to cleaned their butts (perils of owing long haired cats), or remove knotted fur from them.

As you may suspect, I love talking about them and showing off their pictures. my wife often has to remind me to stop talking about them. At work im teased about my affection for cats in general, especially my boys, as my appearance and vocation is just the opposite of what a typical cat lover likely have.

I could go on and on, but want to hear the stories of others here.

I would just like to add this: in the "crossing the bridge forum", posters sometimes say they will never get another cat because they cant stand the thought of loosing another pet. We got arnold and greg soon after loosing our little girl "motu".....she was 19 when she passed in my arms at the vets on aug 8th 2014.

The hole that she left in our lives was too big to NOT fill. As a result, two weeks to the day, arnold and greg became our boys. We have improved their lives and they have infinitely improved ours. I sometimes think that arnold and greg were motu's final gift to us. So to those of you that feel you will never love another pet....... please think about the cats that need you love and support and enjoy the stories in this thread.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kippy used to be the best purrer - he loved us so much that he'd start to purr just from being talked to or if we were near him. I miss him.

Murphy used to "guard" the kids when he was younger. He'd follow me upstairs when I put them to bed, then would settle down on the landing, facing downstairs (and the front door) and stay there all night.

Laelia is skittish but will sometimes sit by me when I'm on the couch, if there's no one else around and I don't move too much.

Toothless purrs like crazy, and licks and kneads the blanket on our bed, but only if I'm under it. Then he curls up against me to sleep.

Cinder doesn't like being held but will let me hold her for a minute if I rub her cheek and tell her what a good girl she is.

I don't know why our girls are so shy...

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When she's not attacking me and drawing blood, she makes me happy. So...it's not often.

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Exists.

Cats are wonderful creatures and the world would be a sad place without them. I am glad we live on a planet where there are cats.

I especially like purring, most beautiful sound ever, and their soft fur and affectionate headbutts, and cute little jellybean toes.

Kitty Beholder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am just happy to have my cats in my life, but those special moments include when Kimmy makes her biscuits on me and purrs and Galahad nuzzles me. He's shy, so I know he's feeling especially compassionate when he does that. :lovecat3:

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's the best feeling in the world when Saipha or Mishka lays on my chest and purrs. Just feeling that thrumming through my chest is incredibly calming.

Saipha likes to greet me by insisting that I pick her up so she can smoosh her face all over mine. She also likes to sleep on my pillow, curled around my head like a huge furry hat. Or when it's too hot for that, she'll sleep at my side and rest her cheek on mine.

Mishka's antics are adorable. She'll make a hilarious squeak of excitement and go running down the hall for no reason whatsoever. And then come galumphing back, skidding around the corner, and sounding like a stampeding herd of elephants. Once she's tired herself out, she'll come find me to take a nap on my lap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh your kitties sound so affectionate! Love reading these although I have to admit... I'm a bit jealous! Elfie is not particularly cuddly but when she does seek out affection I feel very special to be her human :loveeyes: She is an extremely friendly and social cat towards everyone though, and as long as she shows me she's happy, it makes me happy to know I'm doing a decent job as a servant.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got him a catnip toy to say sorry for taking him to the vets for a booster. He went bonkers with it, batting it around so that made me happy.
I love it when we're in bed and he snuggles in real close so his face is next to mine and starts purring.
I love it when he spreads his hind paws so I can tickle them.
I love it when he's in a chatty mood and responds to everything I say.
I love it when he rolls on his back for his tummy to be tickled.
I even love it when he shows disapproval by turning his back on me. He has every right to as he is the CEO of our family.
I just love him.

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would just like to add this: in the "crossing the bridge forum", posters sometimes say they will never get another cat because they cant stand the thought of loosing another pet. We got arnold and greg soon after loosing our little girl "motu".....she was 19 when she passed in my arms at the vets on aug 8th 2014.

The hole that she left in our lives was too big to NOT fill. As a result, two weeks to the day, arnold and greg became our boys. We have improved their lives and they have infinitely improved ours. I sometimes think that arnold and greg were motu's final gift to us. So to those of you that feel you will never love another pet....... please think about the cats that need you love and support and enjoy the stories in this thread.
Your whole message is just beautiful, but this is just great. There are so many cats in need of a good home!

I'll just like to add that, now that I have two cats, I love seeing them play, especially my older cat whom I would never had thought likes to play. He is three years old and never showed much interest in playing, but now that I have a kitten they spend hours together chasing each other, running and jumping around the house, hiding in boxes to pounce on each other and then when they are both exhausted, seeing them sleeping together in the same shoe box. I have no idea how a 13 pound cat and a 2 pound kitten fit in a shoe box, but they do.

It also makes me happy seeing both of them sitting tightly together in a window sill looking out with both of their tails hanging down the wall, one long tail and one short tail. My cat gets a look in his face as if he owned everything his eyes can see, but my kitten gets a look of astonishment at everything that goes on outside because everything is just so new to her.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
The fact that Freya talks is awesome , obviously, doubly so because I always wanted a parrot, but never felt it a good idea to have both a parrot and a cat, and Freya manages to combine what I wanted in a parrot with an amazing cat.

But, really the trait she has that is the best, is that, even if she's not the most tactile cat( though as she's gotten a bit older she's really become much more physically affectionate), is the fact that she is by far the sweetest and most loving cat I've ever had. She doesn't just love my housemate and me, she also tries to make friends with guests (and even this one squirrel ( just the one, the other 2 that come by she clearly has less warm fuzzy feelings about... :devilish: ))

Also, when I play with a wand toy, sometimes she's extra excited and will really jump and even do really cool areal flips mid jump. I always love it she she does that. :)

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I think its funny when she jumps through the air and tackles my dog, or when she grabs onto his tail and wont let go and he drags her across the floor while she's holding on. Poor puppy dog :( I also like it when she comes running when I call her and when she finally gets to me, she meows really loud and looks at me- Like Ok what do you want, I'm here!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I have to tell gracie no because she has been naughty .. She will go and hide then when I walk away she will chase me and hit my ankles !!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy sleeps closely by my side every night. The past few months I have been waking up with one or more toys in my bed in the morning. She must get up during the night, (I am not aware of it) and retrieve these toys. Well, today, it was three toys! Her little plastic cup she likes to bat around, her super-long pink felt braid on a stick and her neon orange shoelace!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
He reminds me daily of what we did for each other 18 months ago, we found each other, in the darkness, during bad, dark times and helped each other, he helped my heart heal 3 months after Sebastian died in my arms one night when I came home from work, and I rescued him from a not so good situation that he was living in, so it was a win-win situation for us both. And he looks like Sebastian a long haired Chantilly and Simon a tuxedo combined, I loved those two boys dearly so everytime I see him it reminds me of them too but I love him for who he is, Sylvester.