What does everyone do for a living?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my title is Crew Clerk and that basically means that I am clerical support for a sales team

I also work part-time at a restaurant on the weekends as a cook and bu-fay person

AND I go to school part-time!!

oh yeah, and can't forget the most important one, servant to 12 cats and a dog

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a merchandiser and working on my own pet toy and bedding business ...

catwhisperer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
...having been recently downsized from the corporate world, i now own and operate a mail and parcel center (our types of businesses are called MPC's)...the concept is similar to The UPS Store. I'm an authorized ship center for FedEx and USPS, we have private mailbox rentals, we copy, fax and are an agent for WesternUnion, have notary service - even shredding service, not only to accommodate the home, but small businesses, too. I've had good corporate training (26 years of it - 17 years in accounting + 9 in Human Resources.)

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I work at a minimarket. It was full time until my accident, but since she had to hire someone to replace me until i could work again. The lady would only agree to do it if she was guaranteed 3 days once i returned, which is NOT fair, since that left me with 2 days. Anyway, since i only work 2 days a week, i do other things. I take care of the cats, scoop the litterbox. I wash mine and my bfs clothes, i keep our room clean. I clean up the house for my bfs mom while she is at work. Stuff like that.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm the assistant to the president of a telescope company. I love my job! I have a great boss, who I help manage his life, who truly appreciates it.
and is always letting me know, how much he appreciates my help. (not enough boss' tell their employees that.) I also do web design, office management, you name it... I do it.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do sales for an electrical distributor. Meh, it pays the bills. I would really like to go into Human Resources or the medical field (i.e. being an office manager of a medical office) I'm still in that "i don't know what i want to do with my life" stage.

knottybuoyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a senior staff officer in the Technical Services group of the Canadian Coast Guard in Ottawa (HQ). Until just recently I had operated/managed/run the CCG Internet & Intranet web sites. I started a 1 yr assignment doing that in '95 and that 1 yr assignment lasted 13.5 yrs so it was time for a change. Now I'm back to my roots doing some cool stuff with financial reporting systems for performance management & risk management. I'm a ships officer by trade (Logistics) and sailed on ships for 11 yrs followed by a 1.5 yr stint at the College as an instructor.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My main occupation is a project manager, but it's not as rewarding as I'd like a job to be. I'm currently studying for a business degree, and am changing over to study nursing next year.

meowqueensdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

LOL......now I know you're talking about an air-cooled VW! I'm working on mine at the moment. What year is yours?
Another Air Head! Cool! I've got two, actually... one doesn't totally count, since it's a Vanagon ('86) and water cooled, but at least it's still a boxer and has the engine in the right end of the car (rear).

My main ride, which is awaiting a new generator & fan at the moment, is a brown '68 bug with a brand spanking new longblock, built by me. It's mostly stock (1600, singleport, 205aa vacuum distributor and solex/brosol h30/31 carb) except for a header & quietpack which bumped my highway mileage up quite a bit (mid 30s mpg).... but much higher if i run the stinger, which doesn't happen very often. sorry, waaaaay off topic... i'm a gearhead with a hair trigger.

Off topic enough? Ahh, but the Bug is primarily responsible for me meeting my two kitties, which were both strays. Both cats met me while I was outside doing maintenance and repairs on it, and that's why I got to know both of them so well... they'd come and keep me company and force me to take a break now and then. Our first cat, pumpkin, almost got named Volksie, but my S.O. intervened.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not sure if I have replied to this topic or not, but...here goes...

This is what I do...

This is also what I do...and it's my passion (no, not the riding hotel carts...although it's a perk, haha!)...Youth Ministry; I'm a Youth Pastor...I volunteer currently, though...

siobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I recently graduated from vet school and work as a vet at a wonderful feline vet hospital. I also still do pt work at Tufts ER center when they need me. (There are not enough vet schools and too many cats and other pets in need of good vet care!).

I LOVE it and am still at the stage where when someone says Dr., I look to see who they are addressing and then realize it is me, lol

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am an Office assistant at Animal Control, someday to be an Animal Control Officer! Cause I am going to kick you know what and take names! In the meantime I do license processing while answering the phones and get either yelled at or peed on, on a daily basis. Man my job is great!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work in the governance for a medical specialty professional association.

My department has nothing to do with the government, but rather with the governing of the organization. I work with our Board of Governors, managing the logistics and social aspects for all of their meetings. I also manage the orientation program and leadership development for our network of volunteer members. We have about 900 doctors who volunteer their time to serve on 80 committees. I also do training and development for the professional staff employees who work directly with our committees.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an RN Surgical First Assistant. Basically, I assist the primary surgeon during surgery. I am also the General/Plastic Surgery Service Specialty Coordinator, which means that I keep all of the General and Plastic surgeon's preference cards up to date, research instrumentation, submit purchases for Capitol Budget, trouble shoot equipment, supplies and instruments....and I'm the personal whipping boy for seven General Surgeons, one Colo-Rectal Surgeon, and two Plastic Surgeons. I absolutely LOVE assisting in surgery. I'm less enthused about the 'Middle Management/Coordinator' position...but was encouraged by several of the surgeons to apply for the position when it became available last winter. I've worked in surgery for 25 years. First as a Certified Surgical Technologist/Certified First Assistant, and then as an RNFA (Registered Nurse First Assistant.) I feel truly blessed to have a job that I enjoy so much, and grateful to be able to make a difference in my patient's lives.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat Mommy

I'm the assistant to the president of a telescope company. I love my job! I have a great boss, who I help manage his life, who truly appreciates it.
and is always letting me know, how much he appreciates my help. (not enough boss' tell their employees that.) I also do web design, office management, you name it... I do it.
Tell him, "The sincerest form of flattery is money!"

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Well,
i work for HP computers, who loan me to a chemcial company.
i even have title, something like
I have a good friend who does that, too. His name is Tim Taylor. I'm sure you know him well (yeah, sure).

So you came from Digital? My wife has several relatives who retired from there.

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a certified Pharmacy Technician at a hospital pharmacy.

And I can honestly say I love my job.
Took almost 40 yrs but I found it!!

phillygal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm an executive assistant for the VP of a Medicaid HMO. I have a GREAT boss and I love my job. And, a bonus, I work only 5 miles from home.