What does everyone do for a living?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Depends on the day of the week and time of day.

Sunday morning: church organist
Sunday night: R.N. (newborn ICU and Labor & Delivery)
Monday morning: sleep
Monday afternoon: music teacher (piano & voice)
Tuesday morning: day off, usually
Tuesday afternoon: music teacher
Tuesday evening: accompanist for Community Chorus (was director last year)
Wednesday morning: volunteer in the music department at the middle school and H.S.
Wednesday afternoon: music teacher
Wednesday evening: organist, church choir practice
Thursday: day off, house cleaning, shopping, etc. I also belong to a writers' critique group that meets every other Thursday
Friday night: R.N.
Saturday morning: sleep
Saturday night: occasional shift at the hospital

I also own a photography business, doing mostly copy and restoration of old B&W photographs. That has to fit into my "days off" or any time I can get to the computer or home studio while the kitties are napping. They love to help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

traveler5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

I am retired....
what do you do for a living Traveler5?
I'm VP of sales for a local technology company.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a sales associate (textbooks), almost full-time. I'm also a full-time MS student, in education. The eventual goal is literacy intervention K-8 with ESL kids and special ed, but for a few years I will be a K-6 classroom teacher while I get all the add-ons and classes and pass all the tests.

SO is working on his PhD right now.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a stay at home Mom. which means cooking. cleaning, washing, feeding of Hubby, kids, dogs, cats. I am also a driver. do the shopping. pick up mail. acountant, pay all the bills. keep all of the appointments straight. help with homework. bring forgotten lunches, gym clothes . basically on call 24/7 365.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Freelance writer - corporate mostly. Will write for food!

Oh, also looking into becoming a personal historian -- helping people capture family history before the generation ahead of me/us passes away. Need to build a business plan and a web site.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm currently unemployed sadly. I just graduated with a Master's of Public Health degree in August with an emphasis in environmental and occupational health. I would really like to work for a state agency where I can make a difference in peoples' lives working with something such as childhood lead poisoning. This summer I worked on a environmental health assessment project with a state agency (unpaid grrrrr). The whole point of it was to make up scenarios that would happen in real life and then calculate the theoretical cancer risk associated with the scenarios to see if this place should be considered a Superfund site. Sadly they weren't hiring anyone anytime soon, because I really enjoyed it. I hated the class that dealt with that kind of stuff when I took it, but actually doing it was quite enjoyable!

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I work a tiny bit as an occupational therapist for home health. I also have an online web business that sells dietary supplements to children with ADHD and autism. I also am "Coach Mom" to my daughter who swims competitively.

Cally

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a teacher. I'm currently teaching Kindergarten every other day and supply teaching the off days. I've been doing a series of maternity/sick leaves for the last 3 years. Waiting for the elusive permanent position!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work for the USPS and I hate it. I started back to school this past September on a journey to earn at least a masters in history. I'm not sure what I'm going to do after I earn my bachelors, I may go into teaching while I work on the rest of my education. I want to eventually teach at the college level.

As of right now I also want to double minor in anthropology and archaeology, but that could change.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a software programmer for a company that develops systems used in oil and gas exploration.

balstadohana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately I do not get paid for my job but it is the most important job in the world!!!! Here are my top 3 job titles
My #1 job is to be a great wife, not that I am but I try every day.
My #2 job is to be super mom, this is an ongoing process and I'm not there yet and some days I wonder if that will ever happen.
My# 3 job is to educate the monkeys (some call them children), yes I home school, call me CRAZY!!!

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am a full time student, and will be finishing up my BS degree in December. In which case I will be going right into my MS in the field of geology come January. I plan on working in either paleoclimatology; engineering geology; or sedimentology

But to pay the bills.....I am a waitress at a local fish restaurant.