what does a seizure look like when a kitten has one?

callie37

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think my kitten just had a seizureI'm not sure.
Its eye slightly rolled to the side and when I was holding him in
My hands he started making noises and movements as if he had hiccups but after 2 of those movements and sounds he stopped and started twichin his paws legs and tail he had his tounge out and wasnt making a sound I panicked thinking he was having a seizure and it looked like he wasent breathing so I blew in his face to get him to make noise after I did he stopped this unusual behavior

I have never owned a cat with a disability so I don't know what a seizure would look like or what to do if a cat/kitten starts having one

My kitten is only a few weeks old they were born last month they
Just started to walk

Ive not seen this in any of the other kittens
And one of her kittens past away after it was born so
I wouldent be surprised if the others did have something wrong as well

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like a seizure, yes.   That is not that common no.   I myself Im not knowleable with this.   I know we had this on this forum several years ago, but my memory isnt longer what it once was.

I can only wish you and your protegées good luck....

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with stefanz that it does sound like your little kitten had a siezure.  What a cute little kitten too. <3

These can be caused by many things  but it is important to observe carefully and get your kitten to a vet so they can try to figure out what the cause is, and if there is something they can do to help.  Also watch the rest of the littter closely in case something similar happens with any of the others.  It can be easy to miss such things.  I lived with a young cat that probably had seizures for about 2 weeks before we realized what was happening because he suddenly started to soil the floors- it was only when we observed a seizure we put the soiling starting and happening when he had seizures.   His were related to a virus.