What do your cats smell like?

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Minish is my first cat. I knew cats captivated one's eyes with their beauty, ears with their lovely meows and purrs, and fingers with their softest of furs.
What I didn't know was how wonderful a cat smells! It's as if all the bad energy leaves with the pee and poop (god I hate scooping) and the remaining thing has the essence of heaven!

I love inhaling minish's belly when she's resting and luckily she lets me.

Minish smells like baby powder. What do your cats smell like?

MikyPiky

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is no way to explain what my cat Charcoal smells like. He's got the most unique scent, only he smells like it, but I absolutely love it!

I always ponder on how a cat can have such bad smelling breath, and such nice smelling fur, it's like magic! :eek3:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the time my cats smell kind of musty with a touch of cottage (think the smell when you enter an old cottage in the spring).

They smell fishy after eating and like arm and hammer after using the box.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My last cat Tiger Lily smelled kind of nutty.

I just smelled my current cat Puar (he was asleep, so he was a bit surprised to find me smelling him) and he smells like...fresh laundry??? .I use fragrance-free laundry soap and don't use softener...must be a combo of litter (also unscented though?) and the fact he likes to roll around on the tiles in the shower (probably soap residue on there?)

His breath however...yikes

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Specter mostly smells like oatmeal and something sweet like coconut, other times like carpet and dog no matter how much I wash her. It varies

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have noticed over the years that those with Oriental breeds in them tend to have a musty, almost dog-like odor. It may be the reason that some people, allergic to cat dander, can be around them, my brother for one. The other cats have a sweet, outdoorsy odor. like sunshine. Even though they are inside cats. I love to stick my face in their fur, though they always look at me like I'm crazy!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't really describe Toffee and Fudge's smell but it's a warm, fuzzy outdoorsy type smell. I'm one of the weird ones that likes the smell of my cats! ;)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow won’t let me get close enough to her to smell her but my previous cat always had a sweet soap smell to her. I could never figure it out because she never went near the tub or sink but she always smelled wonderful.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
just smelled Honeybunny and theres a pleasant scent but its so faint i cant make it out. She pretty much smells like nothing, and then a tiny bit of a .. warm kind of smell. Like bread but without the yeast smell. Hard to describe.

I love how clean she i

DUDE. On everything, i just stopped to pet Honeybun and snap a pic of her bc she was sitting on my bed grooming. And i was going to post the pic and say something about how i love how clean she is... and i see she has a HUGE CHUNK OF WET LITTER STUCK TO HER BRITCHES :eek:

lmao... so much for bragging about my clean cat :lol:

I got a wet paper towel and picked her up and got most of it off, which she took great offense to, struggling out of my arms and running to hide under the bed. Then i changed the bedspread she was sitting on, washed my hands, and im back.. to talk about how my cat is so clean she smells like nothing??

I think im just going to go. :dunno:

Last edited:

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you love the way your first kitty smells! Don't they just smell so wonderful? I can't say what my Amber smells like except happiness and love and Amber. She smells so good sometimes I just bury my nose in her fur and then give her lots and lots of kisses until she gives me that "mom!" look and scrambles away.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Jasper shamelessly smells like coffee at the moment. Sigh.

My mother spilled some and he decided he was going to mop it up with the side of his body while I was getting some paper towels. x.x