What Do You Think Of LitterMaid Boxes?

kittyluver27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here use a littermaid box? I use one. My cats love it. I have heard that some cats are scared of the noise it makes and that you shouldn't use them. What do you think of them?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyluver27

Does anyone here use a littermaid box? I use one. My cats love it. I have heard that some cats are scared of the noise it makes and that you shouldn't use them. What do you think of them?
if you'll do a search for 'littermaid' or automatic litter boxes, you'll find tons of info on them here on the site...i have 3 & wouldn't consider going back to a manual box, myself!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluver27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh ok I was just wondering what all of the other kitty lovers here think of the littermaid boxes.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My youngest probably wouldn't go near it. She's a scardy cat with anything that has a motor, lol

Also, I would think they would be hard to completely clean out. Letting it scoop on it's own is one thing, but all litter boxes need to be completely cleaned out and disinfected, especially when some cats like mine, like to pee along the sides of the box. I'll stick to the old fashioned kind. The litter box is in the bathroom, so when I go in there to use the bathroom, I take time to bend and scoop and then wash my hands. Takes me all of 5 seconds to scoop, and about 10 minutes to disinfect when the time comes.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two, and I love mine. They aren't big enough for Forest (because of his CH he needs lots of space to stretch out), so I have to have a third regular box. (Actually, it's an underbed storage box that I've repurposed as a litter box.)

marsch21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have three littermaids and they work well for us. Two of them are the Mega and the other is the plus. We use WBCL in them and although not perfect, we like the fact that the boxes are clean for each cat. They do need cleaned out and disinfected about every two weeks. I believe that they use way less litter then regular boxes which we have two. One is in the same room as the littermaids and the other is in a different part of the house. The cats hardly use them. I think they prefer the littermaids also.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyluver27

Oh ok I was just wondering what all of the other kitty lovers here think of the littermaid boxes.
i meant for you to do a search here on TCS - i know i've posted about my 3 littermaids many times, so there must be a bunch of threads. i love mine & would never go back to traditional boxes unless i had a special needs kitty that required one.