Amni Alia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_20211021_020030_422.jpg
I
IMG_20211021_020034_035.jpg

IMG_20211021_015235.jpg

I named him koko which means cocoa in my language due to his brown colour.. about 8 years old.. the only heir of my first ever cat that I adopted..her mom is siamese..dk whether she's original breed or not.. I like his coat but never ask anyone expert about this before..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amni Alia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
actually it's a he..i did a typo hehe "his mom is siamese"

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 399263I
View attachment 399264
View attachment 399266
I named him koko which means cocoa in my language due to his brown colour.. about 8 years old.. the only heir of my first ever cat that I adopted..her mom is siamese..dk whether she's original breed or not.. I like his coat but never ask anyone expert about this before..
He looks pointed, blue eyes etc. but he has an awful lot of pattern on the rest of his body. So dsh seal lynx point but with cinnamon tabby body pattern…with spots! There was another post about this a while back I will try and search it. I have forgotten what the explanation for this is. He is also a tux it seems and has white spotting. Siamese cats had a branch now almost gone called snowhoes whonhave white paws and white spotting like him. They were pb siamese who had the white spotting etc. and were developed into a separate breed. He is a beauty😻

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is very tabby, but also seems to be a point! Green eyes unusual with points, but if we can agree on freen bluish? Voila! Here is our seal lynx point. Verry handsome broken mackerel.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
He is very tabby, but also seems to be a point! Green eyes unusual with points, but if we can agree on freen bluish? Voila! Here is our seal lynx point. Verry handsome broken mackerel.
He has aqua eyes; while pointed cats can have bad eyes, they shouldn't approach aqua. As @Lotsofspots has mentioned, he's most likely seal mink (cbcs -- where cs is (siamese-associated) points and cb is sepia, the Burmese restriction); explains why his body is so dark. It's very much plausible to have sepia in the random bred gene pool in Malaysia. Unlikely to be seal sepia, given the grandmother is pointed, and he has aqua eyes, rather than green or gold.

1634807348665.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amni Alia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Lotsofspots I have over than 10 cats at my home.. and in my country, it's common to put cats in cage because we don't want them to stay outdoor.. staying outdoor is quite dangerous at my country because some irresponsible people here tend to hit-and-run..ik it's rude to put cats in cage though.. my father once let him outside but then he lost.. luckily we found him a few days after.. to answer why he's not indoor, my father and I are asthmatic persons, so he has an unchanged mindset where bringing cats inside our home will worsen our asthma when actually it's not though 🤷🏻‍♀️ I often let them play around in our car porch

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought more blue but I wasn't sure if it was the lighting but they do look aqua blue or blue green.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cinnamon is a colour not a pattern, a cat cannot be seal and cinnamon. This cat is not Cinnamon in colour.
I didn't say cinnamon was the pattern I said cinnamon( color) tabby ( pattern) The color on his body looks like cinnamon to me, although that may not be what it is officially called.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The color on his body looks like cinnamon to me, although that may not be what it is officially called.
how are they seal and cinnamon? As someone who breeds both these colours it would be interesting to know how you’ve found this to be possible.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I explained that in my reply which said “looked liked” cinnamon “to me”. I did not mean to say or imply that he was officially as designated by breeders and cat associations genetically cinnamon and seal. I am sure you know way more about the genetics etc.

One explanation for the fact that he definitely has color that “looks like what I would call cinnamon to me at least” could be that he’s also a tabby and the agouti hairs have red tones in them I think if the cat is not silver. That way he could have the darker color like seal as well, brown tabbies often have red tones, but usually have black and or very dark brown stripes/ spots. He def looks pointed but he has pretty much a full tabby pattern which I think is not the usual case, maybe I am wrong about that.

Last edited: