What Do You Think About "office" Cats?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
She's so pretty! That little pink tongue! And is that a pumpkin charm on her collar? I love that.

I think Office Cats are a great idea. My favourite local coffee shop has a cat, a former feral they adopted and TNR'd. The coffee shop is part of a pack packer's hostel, so they have a big garden and a constant flow of guests. The cat was a bit shy at first, but she's settled in now and she allows a few people to pet her. (As long as you have treats.)

Such a great idea lavishsqualor lavishsqualor

:rock:

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Another Yes!!!! What a fantastic idea. How lovely to give a senior cat such a gift.

It does surprise and very much sadden me that people seem to think that a cat who has been a cherished pet will suddenly be able to fend for itself on the streets :( (mine haven't even worked out how to push a door open if it's in their way (bless them!) so they really would have no chance.)

The only thing I would say is that if it were me and there was a cat in my office I'd never do any work at all :) :) LMAO!!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
My cousin is a realtor in an area which is quite exclusive and you would be surprised at how many just leaves the cats behind. He called me about a year ago because an elderly cat was left at the house with one bowl of food and the crows had eaten the food and now were harassing the cat who was too old to defend itself. People do think that cats are disposable, or at least "flexible" pets who just move onto some other source of livelihood as if it was the next step in their life.

The program sounds amazing and I am glad to hear that there is such support and a non profit license. I think it sounds like a lot of thought and planning went into all of this and your little cover girl is the perfect face of the program.

A cat cafe is opening about a mile from my house, with the intention of finding homes for animals from shelters, and I will be glad to support it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't even have words low enough to apply to anyone that would abandon or betray a cat. Certainly not to be written on this nice site! EVERY cat and kitten deserves either a loving permanent family/person/home or safe management in a protected and well-cared-for colony.