What Do You Prefer?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just had a long weekend due to Canada Day (Monday being the day off).
And I got thinking, if you work a "normal" Monday to Friday work week, and you were to give yourself a long weekend. What do you prefer?

Having the Friday off before the weekend, so you get excited about leaving work a day early, leaving everyone else behind? You work a short week, then get 3 days off!
OR
Having the Monday off, so when Sunday comes around, you get excited that you get to stay home, when everyone has to go back? You got three days off and now a short work week!

It all about perspective, you're still getting 3 days off, but in what circumstance do you feel the most rested?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have to work Saturdays :/. So a Friday holiday is just annoying for everyone in the office. I definitely prefer Mondays.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In America so vacation is a RARE and TREASURED luxury. I'm taking Friday and Monday off so I can have a mini-week away.

Sanity is directly proportional to time off imo.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday because there isn't much to do around here on a Monday.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I used to work in a place that offered the choice of either a Monday or a Friday off every other week. It was always the same day and they made sure there were always enough staff on duty to keep the place running. You decided which one you wanted on an ongoing basis and it was set up so you worked longer hours every day to make up for the day off. You still worked your contracted hours but over 9 days rather than 10. It was great. I chose the Monday. Basis being Sunday always felt more relaxed, AND I lived near a department store that I loved browsing and shopping in and they were closed on Mondays. I figured that if I was off on Fridays I'd spend a fortune and be forever broke.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
When I worked I always preferred having Mondays off.

Purrrfectttales

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like having Monday and/or Friday off. Either way it's less time at work! More time with the kittens!

engine4154

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
During the winter our business slows so we work 4 days and still get our 40 in. One year I did Mondays, but the last few I've taken Fridays.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work Sundays to Thursdays and I have to take 3-day weekends every once in a while to maintain my sanity and I always take a Thursday off. I like having another weekday to go to appointments, but I'd prefer them before my actual weekend because then I can spend Saturdays (my Sunday) doing nothing.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It really doesn't matter, it is still an extra day off. Bot when I have a short week I HATE going back. 2 years 11 months, but who is counting?