Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

What Do You Prefer?

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by Jem, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Jem

Jem Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 6, 2018
    We just had a long weekend due to Canada Day (Monday being the day off).
    And I got thinking, if you work a "normal" Monday to Friday work week, and you were to give yourself a long weekend. What do you prefer?

Having the Friday off before the weekend, so you get excited about leaving work a day early, leaving everyone else behind? You work a short week, then get 3 days off!
    OR
    Having the Monday off, so when Sunday comes around, you get excited that you get to stay home, when everyone has to go back? You got three days off and now a short work week!

It all about perspective, you're still getting 3 days off, but in what circumstance do you feel the most rested?

2. foxxycat

foxxycat TCS Member Top Cat

Friday off. Cause there's always yard sales/estate sales or plant sales or other type things on Fridays plus most restaurants are closed on Mondays so Friday is a better choice.

3. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    We have to work Saturdays :/. So a Friday holiday is just annoying for everyone in the office. I definitely prefer Mondays.

4. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    I would prefer having Monday's off.

5. marmoset

marmoset TCS Member Alpha Cat

Apr 1, 2015
    NJ
    In America so vacation is a RARE and TREASURED luxury. I'm taking Friday and Monday off so I can have a mini-week away.

Sanity is directly proportional to time off imo.

6. maggiedemi

maggiedemi TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 26, 2017
    Friday because there isn't much to do around here on a Monday.

7. mservant

mservant The Mouse servant Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    The Mouse Pad, UK
    I used to work in a place that offered the choice of either a Monday or a Friday off every other week. It was always the same day and they made sure there were always enough staff on duty to keep the place running. You decided which one you wanted on an ongoing basis and it was set up so you worked longer hours every day to make up for the day off. You still worked your contracted hours but over 9 days rather than 10. It was great. I chose the Monday. Basis being Sunday always felt more relaxed, AND I lived near a department store that I loved browsing and shopping in and they were closed on Mondays. I figured that if I was off on Fridays I'd spend a fortune and be forever broke.

engine4154 and white shadow purraised this.

8. Mia6

Mia6 Mother of two Top Cat

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    When I worked I always preferred having Mondays off.

9. misty8723

misty8723 TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 16, 2006
    North Carolina
    Either way. Even better if Monday is a holiday and you can take Friday as PTO.

10. Purrrfectttales

Purrrfectttales TCS Member Young Cat

Jul 2, 2019
    I like having Monday and/or Friday off. Either way it's less time at work! More time with the kittens!

rgwanner purraised this.

11. engine4154

engine4154 TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jan 29, 2016
    SW Ohio
    During the winter our business slows so we work 4 days and still get our 40 in. One year I did Mondays, but the last few I've taken Fridays.

12. MonaLyssa33

MonaLyssa33 TCS Member Super Cat

Mar 10, 2018
    Minneapolis
    I work Sundays to Thursdays and I have to take 3-day weekends every once in a while to maintain my sanity and I always take a Thursday off. I like having another weekday to go to appointments, but I'd prefer them before my actual weekend because then I can spend Saturdays (my Sunday) doing nothing.

13. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    Monday

14. rgwanner

rgwanner TCS Member Alpha Cat

Feb 1, 2017
    Atlanta
    It really doesn't matter, it is still an extra day off. Bot when I have a short week I HATE going back. 2 years 11 months, but who is counting?