What do you guys think his coat length will be?

adrianna_rose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I work at an animal hospital and ended up rescuing this little guy— his mom is medium haired and we don’t know the father. He is currently 9 weeks old. Just curious what you guys think, as I’ve noticed ear tufts, long eyebrow whiskers, and toe tufts, but his tail looks more short haired to me. If I posted this in the wrong place please let me know and I will remove.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is amazingly cute! I think short-haired, all my longer-haired cats had 'bottle brush', very fluffy tails when they were tiny. He could have just a little longer coat than short, but not much. I LOVE his face!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adrianna_rose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is amazingly cute! I think short-haired, all my longer-haired cats had 'bottle brush', very fluffy tails when they were tiny. He could have just a little longer coat than short, but not much. I LOVE his face!
I had the same thought about the tail! My current fluffy boy had all the same characteristics as this guy as a kitten, but he had the fluffy tail where Otis does not. Appreciate the input :)

Jaxson’s momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He’s so cute!! Thanks for sharing.. I think he’s going to be very fluffy.. better stick up on the swifters 😻

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic long hair. His long ear fur is a tell-tale sign. Usually, at that age, they look like shorties but tend to poof out at 2 years old. :)

CuriousKittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Domestic long hair. His long ear fur is a tell-tale sign. Usually, at that age, they look like shorties but tend to poof out at 2 years old. :)
I wouldn't say that's a definite sign. Plenty of shorthairs have ear fluff. Had one in clinic today, even.

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I work at an animal hospital and ended up rescuing this little guy— his mom is medium haired and we don’t know the father. He is currently 9 weeks old. Just curious what you guys think, as I’ve noticed ear tufts, long eyebrow whiskers, and toe tufts, but his tail looks more short haired to me. If I posted this in the wrong place please let me know and I will remove.
I think he might become a medium long haired kitty. My second cat percy also started out looking like a short haired before he grew up and floofed up in a few months. You can see the difference at 2 months and 6 months.

Attachments

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he might become a medium long haired kitty. My second cat percy also started out looking like a short haired before he grew up and floofed up in a few months. You can see the difference at 2 months and 6 months.
There's actually no such thing as medium hair actually. Cat fur lengths can vary and I found that all 3 of my longhair cats poofed out at 2-3 years old and all 3 are different in fur lengths depending on which body part it is. And of course, different sheds to depending on the weather. This is Fynn at one years old and at 3 years old. I found Jethro just started to have thicker fur on the body and same mane. Ceriah is getting longer fur on all her body. Its pretty neat.
2019-12-28 18.43.50.jpg
20220723_152451.jpg

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to guess he could be a long hair but could also end up a fluffy sh like my merlin or a medium long hair, in this case the Lh genetics are there but the fur is not as long or as floofy as many long hair cats. Many can take 2 years to get their full length and floof. So I’ve covered all bases 😹 What. Cutie ❤