What Do You Feed Your Cat?

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feed any wet food my cat will eat... anything from Friskies to Weruva.

She also gets a Tbsp of dry, which is a mix of American Journey and Hills Oral Care since she won't eat any dental treats and brushing her teeth is a nightmare.

LadyKhaos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They're both on Blue Buffalo. One on a certain one for hairballs because she's long hair and the other on skin sensitivity blue buffalo food. I used to get my older cat cheaper food until I got my newer one and learned more on the cat food and wanted what was best for their health

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One meal of wet food, usually Friskies or Tractor Supply, and two meals of dry, usually Purina One or Purina Pro Plan. They also get some of what I eat to fill out their diet, such as it is. The dry food usually is a hairball formula.

Lazy Orange House Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Montgomery eats Royal Canin Spayed/Neutered Kitten dry food, Royal Canin Ultra Light (we're weaning him off due to it being largely unavailable), Science Diet Liver and Chicken Light, and Science Diet Perfect Weight Stew. He eats six times a day, as much as he would like at each sitting. He has a lot of issues and this works well for him.
Everyone else eats a wide variety of kibble and dry food. Royal Canin, Science Diet, Natural Balance, Orijen, Acana, Performatrin Ultra, Purina Pro Plan and One, and sometimes Go! make up the dry food. Fancy Feast, Royal Canin, Friskies, Weruva, Perfomratrin, Tiki Cat, President's Choice, Hi-Tor, Almo Nature, Applaws, Snappy Tom's, Go!, Wellness, and Merrick make up the wet food. It seems to work for this colony.

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I give Sassy 20g wet food - rotating between Tiki Cat variety packs and occasionally Feline Natural and Ziwi Peak - before and after work. I supplement with 1/4 cup dry food - rotating between Wysong Epigen 90 and a few other grain-free options such as Orijen and Dr Elsey's for variety - at the same time as needed (she is very good about portion control and just grazes on her kibble). Around 9pm she gets a pill pocket with her blood pressure medication and a puzzle feeder full of dental treats.

This is in addition to whatever chicken or fish she can steal off my plate at meal times, of course (I'm kidding about the theft - I share if she is polite).

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ailish, age 6, indoor cat weighing in at 9 lbs.

5:30a - 40 cals/Weruva, Instinct, Farmina, Merrick, Fussie Cat wet food w/water added
4:30p - 40 cals/same
9:30p - 40 cals/same
2:30a - 1/8 cup Farmina Chick & Turkey dry

When I don't work anymore we will NOT be eating breakfast at that hour, but it's what time I get up at the moment. This has maintained her weight since I got her at 1 yr old. At that time she was a little underweight due to her being at a rescue with kittens. She gained about a pound once I got her and then looked great. She was a teen queen, so she's a little small. She can, however, slaughter a full grown rat and proudly show it off.

GuyandCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Had Guy for almost 3 weeks now...I work 12 hour shifts. So at 6:15am when I got home he ate,
2/3 can of Wellness Kitten. I then Wash his dish then add Orijen kitten kibble so he can feed while I sleep.
I woke up today at 3:00pm with Guy sleeping on my pillow next to me.
We played Hard for 30 mins. There was still some dry so I put that aside and Gave guy the remaining Wet.
5:30pm just before I leave for work I put the remainder of dry and add a some more.

I sneak a dehydrated liver treat on the floor for him to find Later..

In the future I'm hoping to make my own Food for him but as of now he has no complaints I don't think :)

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This thread is making me feel better about not having the money to feed them fancy wet food only.

Lizzy gets Nulo cat and kitten kibble scattered on the floor

Bellatrix gets senior cat Nulo in a bowl. Sometimes I switch it up and give em friskies wet. I also have healthy pet refrigerated food I think? I'll sprinkle that in.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed mostly wet food but a few times a week premade raw or an occasional bowl of shredded chicken with broth.
I don't have set feeding times. Just when they are hungry and I leave a fresh plate of wet food out overnight for both.
If I will be gone awhile in the day the same.
I don't have an office job so can be home more than some - which helps with just feeding them when they ask for food.
As good quality wet food, I don't mind giving when they ask and they are both a healthy weight and body condition.
I am in Europe and some of the brands I feed are Meowing Heads, Leonardo, Animonda and Wellness Core.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daisy and Phoebe get their breakfast usually between 8-8.30.

Phoebe has a fistful of Royal Canin Anallergenic Dry, which I top up during the day. She has IBS (at least that’s the best guess after blood tests, scans and exploratory surgery when she was a youngster) and needs to keep her weight up.

Daisy has half a cup of Hill’s Metabolic Weight Control food per day, divided into breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. It isn’t working - she’s been on it months and hasn’t lost any weight. I’m now trying her (if she likes it) on Healthy Everyday Pets cat food, which is grain-free and low carbohydrate. So far so good - the sample packs arrived this morning and she gobbled up a small lunch of it, and has been snoozing nearly four hours since. Usually she’d have put in at least one demand for Moar Fud Mum in that interval.

GuyandCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten (Guy) had his first taste of Raw.. He went crazy and meowed for more. So after he finishes his Wellness Kitten wet and Tiki After Dark he will be going on the Raw full time.

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed 6 month old Oreo Acana kitten dry and a variety of kitten canned