What do you do with your cat when you go on vacation?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CityCatMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm in the middle of introducing my cats (you can read about it here: First time introducing two cats... Questions) but have to go away for Christmas, so have to split up the cats while I'm gone (the cats will be apart for two weeks). One cat will go stay with relatives and one will be left at home with a pet sitter.

Do you guys think it's better for the resident cat to be sent to relatives or the new cat? Who should be left at home? (I'm asking in terms of what would be best for their reintroduction process when we're back).

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't get to use this more than a day but (no vacation in years here), I made Hima get use to two people. One is my mom, the other is one cousin. Everyone else either has a child to take care of or is scared of cats. In a case of emergency or vacation (yeah right!), one of them would stay at my house with Hima. She already stayed with them when I was home too and likes them both.

My brother would do the best job at taking care of her but he lives in another country. :-/