What do you do with seasonal toys?

mayabear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes they are so cute I hate to just toss them, but saving until next year doesn’t seem worth it, or sanitary (to put away something they’ve been chewing on…maybe this is just me?). At the same time, I don’t want to look at the Christmas pickle or Santa mouse in July.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If a cat likes a toy, I don't think it matters to them if it is seasonally related or not. Ignore the seasonality and let them play with the toys until they are destroyed, or no longer in their favor.
I agree. I got the girls two Christmas gifts. A new cat tree and a scratching post. Both from Chewy on sale. Toys get used for a few minutes and then are mostly ignored unfortunately. I don't get seasonal ones.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If a cat likes a toy, I don't think it matters to them if it is seasonally related or not. Ignore the seasonality and let them play with the toys until they are destroyed, or no longer in their favor.

:yeah:

Cats couldn't care less about what their toys look like so I wouldn't bother buying holiday themed toys that you don't want to keep out past the holiday or reuse next season. Personally I don't see any difference sanitary-wise between a non-holiday toy being chewed on all year long versus a holiday toy that's chewed on for a few weeks before it's discarded.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I do get a holiday toy for my kitty. When they lose interest in it, I put it away---bringing it out the next year. As far as cleanliness; it depends on the condition of it.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We have Christmas toys, Halloween toys, all kinds of stuff around here, all year—probably way more than we need for the two cats we have, I might add. :lol:

I pick up the catnip toys periodically and wipe off the cat hair, maybe re-spray them with catnip spray, and throw them away when they get ratty. As others have said, the cats don’t care if they’re seasonal.

Having said that, I almost got the cats a cardboard scratching toy that was Christmas-themed, but opted for one that was more year-round. Taco trucks are forever. 😄
5E4691D4-003B-4C39-93CA-507995B0E657.jpeg
B3F20385-2B55-403C-B386-1DFCB2D7574B.jpeg

445DBC0E-0CFE-4D34-A823-2EEC00BBD71C.jpeg