What do you do when you're cat goes absolutely loco.

Phoenixcat224

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Whenever my cat gets crazy he would chase my dog when he is in zoomie and it is the most hilarious scene ever. One round the cat chases the dog the other the other way around. Why do my animals do this?! HELP ME XXXDDDD

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Why do they do it? They are exhibiting outlandish exuberance.

What do I do? Stand back, laugh and enjoy! Sometimes I step in and help if my boy wants to get up somewhere and his launch area is too slippery for him to get a good enough grip to jump by himself, like the tile floor in the kitchen. (Smart cat 😺).

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Minish is now 7. She mostly sleeps and she is so hard to engage in play, which I believe is the best part of being with a cat, that when she gets the crazies I fill with joy and have my zoomies alongside her

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Phoenixcat224

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
what else does your cat do that is crazy?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I sit still on the sofa or on the bed while I watch them flying here and there and even near my face or head while I eat popcorn or ice cream.
Sometimes in the end I'd hear a crash or something breaking,

and just take a deep sigh.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Mackie is a big kitty. He is also getting older but he still gets zoomies. He dashes all over the house and always leaps to the top of the kitchen cabinets, races to the end, turns and races back, leaps down and runs over anything that gets in his way. Including me. It is hilarious! The other cats watch in wonder. Sometimes another cat will join him and at that point I am falling over laughing. They are experiencing pure fun! Happy cats! :popcorn::runningcat::dizzycat::flail:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Two of my cats get the zoomies and chase each other, around and up and down the stairs, then stalk each other.
When Mooshoo was little she would get on my bed and zoom around, leap up and turn a 180, hop and do the kitty crabwalk. ROFL!!!!
One of my favorite forms of entertainment and laughs!
I have 3 foster kittens 4-5 weeks old and watching them zoom is even better! Surprise at things I can't see (but they can), tumbling around because they are clumsy when they run- little tiny beings having the time of their lives. (Me too watching them.)

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My 3 get INSANE zoomies several times a day. They are still young (8 months and 2 are a year old). I just let them play and zoom around. The only thing i have to do is make sure the window by their cat tree is closed because one of these days they are going to fall thru the screen!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Frequently my cat will get the zoomies after pooping in the litter box. 💩 Other times it might be when I give him his favorite catnip toy so I get my phone out and take a video.

beckatron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitties started consistently going mental and playfighing right next to me when when I pull out my yoga mat... they weren't like that before, I just think they are punishing me for not playing with them 24/7!

I'm going to have to start doing yoga in my bedroom and shut myself in because I always start laughing at them, even though I always have my eyes closed during yoga to help focus, they make a hang of a noise with their thunder-paws and chase each other all around me, it kills my practice and I always start cracking up!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties started consistently going mental and playfighing right next to me when when I pull out my yoga mat... they weren't like that before, I just think they are punishing me for not playing with them 24/7!

I'm going to have to start doing yoga in my bedroom and shut myself in because I always start laughing at them, even though I always have my eyes closed during yoga to help focus, they make a hang of a noise with their thunder-paws and chase each other all around me, it kills my practice and I always start cracking up!
I used to have two that went totally crazy when I was in the bathtub. I would hear screaming and things being knocked over at ear deafing volume and more than a few times I had to get out of the tub to make sure no one was being killed.