What do i need for homecooked and raw cat food ?

Cloverthekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi , what do i need ?

This is my list right now:
Chicken liver .
Beef.
Pork
Eggs .

What else do i need ?
I will not use chicken in my cats food . Unless its cooked .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cloverthekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I forgot , also salmon or other fish

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have a specific recipe in mind to use? Just putting meat, liver, and eggs together isn't a complete diet for a cat.

Take a look through these for more info and recipes:

The easiest way to make a home cooked or raw diet is to use meat of your choice with a pre-mix. The pre-mix contains all the essential vitamins and minerals. EZComplete is a popular one and can be used for both cooked and raw diets.

Fish is more like an occasional treat for a cat. Most people feed a meat based cooked or raw diet and feed fish as a treat.

From your thread in Nutrition, you say you are in the UK. Commercially available raw cat food is available in pet stores. Here's a thread:

If you go the pre-mix route, TC Feline is available through this German web site: TCPremix®

Last edited:

Cloverthekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have a specific recipe in mind to use? Just putting meat, liver, and eggs together isn't a complete diet for a cat.

Take a look through these for more info and recipes:

[/URL]
[/URL]

The easiest way to make a home cooked or raw diet is to use meat of your choice with a pre-mix. The pre-mix contains all the essential vitamins and minerals. EZComplete is a popular one and can be used for both cooked and raw diets.

Fish is more like an occasional treat for a cat. Most people feed a meat based cooked or raw diet and feed fish as a treat.

From your thread in Nutrition, you say you are in the UK. Commercially available raw cat food is available in pet stores. Here's a thread:

[/URL]

If you go the pre-mix route, TC Feline is available through this German web site: TCPremix®
I know putting those foods together isn't a complete diet , i was asking because i wasn't sure what else i needed .
Okay , i will have a look .

Cloverthekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also i forgot the supplements.. I know you have to add supplements .

Cloverthekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where do i get it? It as in the meat .

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Meat can be purchased at a butcher shop or grocery store. You want whole cuts of meat (example chicken breast) and chop or grind it up yourself at home. Check the package label to be sure preservatives, salt, flavorings, broth, etc haven't been added to the meat. Buying meat from a farmer's market or direct from a farm is another option and helps support local farmers.

I'm not sure if the UK / Europe has raw pet food supplies such as the popular Hare-Today.com web site in the US.

If you use a recipe such as the one at Catinfo.org, the recipe lists out the supplements needed. Most can be found at a grocery store or a health food / vitamin supplement type store. Buying online is another option.

Cloverthekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Meat can be purchased at a butcher shop or grocery store. You want whole cuts of meat (example chicken breast) and chop or grind it up yourself at home. Check the package label to be sure preservatives, salt, flavorings, broth, etc haven't been added to the meat. Buying meat from a farmer's market or direct from a farm is another option and helps support local farmers.

I'm not sure if the UK / Europe has raw pet food supplies such as the popular Hare-Today.com web site in the US.

If you use a recipe such as the one at Catinfo.org, the recipe lists out the supplements needed. Most can be found at a grocery store or a health food / vitamin supplement type store. Buying online is another option.
Alright ,thanks .
Is it expensive ? I do have a budget of around $50 a week or whatever.

Cloverthekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I selected some !
Here's my list :

Whole chicken .
Chicken thighs .
Lamb liver. ( was looking for hearts , but could not find )
Pork mince.
Pork chops. ( i will remove meat from the bones )
Lamb mince .

Is this okay ?
I also have the other things , i mean the meat .