Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thoughts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pumasparent

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted a female kitten at about 7weeks old from a friend that acquired them from a friend etc.... All I know about one of her parents supposedly that it was a super big ball of long fur. When I got her she was mostly blackish with Grey/white stripes. Now she is partially ticked color on her back with deep stripe markings blk/grey on legs and chest with some brownish tints with a long bushy tail but medium length hair everywhere else. The vet thought Maine coon but called her DLH. She has tuffed hair on her paws, is super vocal, dog-like, very playful and sweet with a tendency to like to bite sometimes and attack at random. She was born this year on march 11, about 5 months old now. Any idea what types of cats she could be mixed with? She has various attributes to Maine coon but her body hair is not that long?

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think Maine Coon is a possibility, not like super recent ancestry though. Short of a DNA test, she would be considered a Domestic Mediumhair, probably brown mackeral tabby in color/pattern. She's a lovely kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pumasparent

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think Maine Coon is a possibility, not like super recent ancestry though. Short of a DNA test, she would be considered a Domestic Mediumhair, probably brown mackeral tabby in color/pattern. She's a lovely kitty!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree. That big hairy tabby momma(!) had prob this Maine coon ancestry. Dear daddy prob shorthair but he was too bearer of the longhair gene. Hers bushy tail reveals this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pumasparent

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is a different look for sure!! with her super bushy tail with long tummy hair but medium length hair everywhere else. She even has the tufts of fur between her paws. she looks just like the pic of the model cat at the vets office advertising some medication! LOL