What Do I Do For A Cat With Seasonal Allergies?

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat has been having allergy problems as long as I have this month, and I think its from ragweed. Shes been sneezing a ton, and having watery eyes. Normally for my allergies Ill take benadryl, but I dont know what to do for hers any advice? Could I give her liquid benadryl or is that bad for cats? Any tips would be very much appreciated

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you ask your vet for advice? There are OTC Human allergy medicines that can be used. Obviously a cat dose is not the same as a Human dose. The vet will tell you what brand of medicine to use and the proper dose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do I just call? Or do I have to go in to see the vet?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally would schedule a vet visit, just to make sure it is just allergies, not some type of infection or something else going on. I definitely would not give her human medicine without at the very least talking to my vet.

My little white cat gets seasonal allergies, it mostly affects her eyes, they get teary and such, a little sneezing. Our vet did say he can prescribe something, but i dont take meds myself unless its really bad, and she hasn't gotten really bad, so no meds yet. Hopefully your girl will be better soon. I have found that cleaning, dusting and vacuuming extra at this time, spring and fall, really helps. Plus i keep the windows shut and the AC on. Helps her and me.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Call and speak to the receptionist. Describe your cat's symptoms. She / he may take a message to give to the vet who will call back or just schedule you for an appointment.