what did your cat do during the earthquake

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What earthquake? NJ had its first in like 15 years recently. Only 3.1, but I live like 10-15 miles away from the epicenter and it kind of felt like maybe a house a bit down the street exploded. Whole house shook a bit. I don't know the cats noticed, it was 2 am and they weren't making noise so I didn't think to go check on them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry i should have made it an la county resident specific question had to much going on with all the txt messages back an forth from family and friends

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Absolutely nothing and I am about 2 miles from what was the epicenter. I did not wake up; DH did but did not wake me up but waited to see if it was a foreshock. Having said that, everyone else I know was texting and calling each other by this morning. It was seemingly a pretty good jolt. Interesting animal point though.....several of us, including me, who feed outdoor birds like doves noticed that by 6 last night( which is usually when doves come for the last seating of the day) there were no birds at all. It was eerily quiet which has accompanied other quakes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely nothing and I am about 2 miles from what was the epicenter. I did not wake up; DH did but did not wake me up but waited to see if it was a foreshock. Having said that, everyone else I know was texting and calling each other by this morning. It was seemingly a pretty good jolt. Interesting animal point though.....several of us, including me, who feed outdoor birds like doves noticed that by 6 last night( which is usually when doves come for the last seating of the day) there were no birds at all. It was eerily quiet which has accompanied other quakes.
it wasnt to strong i thought at first i though whats my upstairs nieghbor running around for all crazy for

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I was at work during the 87 quake and it sounded as if the plumbing had sprung a leak in the walls at first. A coworker who was driving said it felt like 4 flat tires.....until it dawns on everyone what is happening.