What did you pay for teeth cleaning?

Frank123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm curious for the who live in the U.S. and have opted to have your cat's teeth cleaned, what was the total cost?
I asked because yesterday I took both my cats to the vet for their annual wellness exam and the vet noted quite a bit of tartar build up on both cats' teeth. She recommended a professional cleaning.
Today, I received an estimate of $500 for each cat. That includes the works, the procedure itself, anesthesia, IV fluids pain meds, etc. I does seem a bit steep, but I was wondering if that's normal.
TIA

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
That seems about what we've paid in the past, without any extractions or reabsorbed teeth that required more.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Here in the Phoenix area, we pay quite a bit more than $500 for a dental for our cats. More like $750 plus extra for any extractions and if any meds are needed.

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm paying $150.00 no matter how many teeth get pulled. My local animal shelter hooked me up after I gave them a cat wheel. Try contacting a non government run shelter and see if they can help. What state do you live in, Frank? I'll hook you up if you're local to me. But it may take a few months to get in.